Passed

Kylie's POV

Mom left and drove down the driveway.
"Let's go," Cara said running to her car. Her parents are rich so she has 3 different kinds of cars, but today she chose her Camaro. I got in and put my seatbelt on. Cara sped down the driveway and we caught up with Mom.
"You can't get too close or she'll get suspicious," I said.
"I know how to do this," she smirked. She moved her long, thick brown hair over her left shoulder. Mom turned into someone's driveway.
"Now what?" Cara asked.
"Pull over by that mailbox," I said pointing across the street. We waited for 5 minutes, then we saw another car pull out. Cara put the car in gear and we started following her again.
"They're going to Nobu! That's so expensive!" Cara said, pulling into the Nobu parking lot.
"Stop here, they're getting out. Let's see who he is," I said. Mom got out of his car and they held hands and walked in together. The guy was wearing a really nice suit.

We waited for them to leave the restaurant. Cara had her legs spread out on the dash and she was almost asleep.
"It's been 45 minutes, let's just go back." Cara whined.
"Just a few more minutes," I said. I went on my phone and texted Allie.
"Okay, let's go," I sighed, "we still have to stop at McDonalds for Allie and Sophia." Cara sat up and started her car. Right when she was about to put it in gear, my door opened.
"Kylie! What are you thinking?" Mom yelled. I looked over at Cara and her hand was covering her mouth. Mom turned around and apologized to her date.
"I'm so sorry, but looks like I have to cut this short. I'm driving these two home," she said. Cara jumped in the backseat and Mom got in and drove us back to the house.

Mom made Sophia and Cara leave so she could "talk" to us.
"I can't believe you snuck out and followed me! I was having a good time! That is the most disrespectful thing you've ever done!" Mom said pacing back and forth. Allie and I were sitting on the couch.
"To be fair, you did lie to us. You said that you were going to dinner with Pappy," Allie said.
"It was too soon for you girls to meet him. I didn't want you two to be around someone I was unfamiliar with too," she said.
"Well I don't know how you could just forget about Dad and go out with some stranger," I snapped. It wasn't fair for Dad. Why after all these years of not even thinking about a man, she goes out with a total stranger?
"I haven't forgotten about your father, Kylie. It's been almost 16 years since he passed away. It's not easy to wake up everyday by yourself and think 'am I going to be alone forever?' So I'm sorry that I want to find happiness again," she said.
"Well, I'm sorry our presence doesn't bring you happiness anymore," I said standing up.
"You'll understand when you're older!" She yelled. I ignored her and walked up the steps.

I looked over at my nightstand and stared at all the pictures I have of me and my dad. I'm pretty lucky, actually. Allie doesn't have any pictures of them together at all, because he passed away before she was born. I have 2 small 4x6 frames of us. The one on the left was of me standing in his football cleats, he held my hands and kept me balanced. The one on the right was of us sleeping together in his bed. I was clinging to his white Jets shirt. The one in the middle was an 8x10 and it was taken on our old apartment roof. The sunset was in the background. Dad was lifting me in the air, we were both staring at each other and smiling. Our blue eyes were locked on each other too. You could see the rest of New York City in the background. All the buildings were in different sizes, and they were lit up. I saw all those photos in Mom's phone last year and made her develop them for me. Looking at these photos doesn't help me though, it just makes me mad. Why was it that day that we had to be driving? Why was it at that moment when a drunk driver was on the road? Why was it that day that they decided to get me from Nana's? It's my fault that he's dead. If they wouldn't have gotten me, it wouldn't have happened.

Ashley's POV

I woke up alone, again. I felt horrible from last night. I left my date early, I yelled at Kylie, and I'm probably the worst Mom ever. I walked out of my plain white and brown bedroom and walked downstairs to the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee and started making breakfast. By the time I finished making banana oat pancakes, Kylie was up.
"Hey, I didn't expect you up until 10:30ish. What're you doing up so early?" I asked, putting pancakes on a plate for her.
"Today's my drivers test, I have to be there at 10," she said. She went to the refrigerator and grabbed a container of fresh cut strawberries and put them on her pancakes. I poured syrup on them too.
"I forgot all about that," I said putting my coffee down, I looked at the clock 9:15, I only have 15 minutes to get ready.... "Okay, I'm going to get dressed and we'll leave," I said running upstairs to my room.

Kylie's POV

"I know I'm not the best at parallel parking, but I didn't hit anything. Please, I'll be extra careful and I'll keep practic-"
"Calm down, you passed. Congratulations," he older man said. He handed me a piece of paper, "now go get your picture taken so it's official," he smiled getting out of the car. I saw Mom on the sidewalk, she looked unsure. I jumped out of the car and ran to her.
"I passed!" I squealed, hugging her.
"That's great! I'll call Allie and tell her the good news."

I drove home and went inside.
"How's it like to be a legal driver?" Kylie asked. She was wearing a black shirt with ripped jeans.
"It feels great, look!" I said holding my license in her face.
"Oh my gosh, you actually look decent for once," she smirked. I pushed her.
"Shut up," I said.
"Girls," Mom warned. I looked down at my picture, it was one of the few pictures that I actually do look good in. My blonde hair is curled and I have an ocean blue top on that make my eyes stand out. I'm still wearing this outfit.
"I don't know why you dress up for a drivers test," Allie said.
"For the picture," I said.
"You're wearing blue pumps... that's a little overboard," she said looking at my feet. I looked down at my outfit. My khaki shorts and blue pumps made my outfit look 10 times better.
"We have different styles on clothes, you don't see me dissing on you," I reminded her. She rolled her eyes. I walked upstairs and went on my laptop.

Allie's POV

I made a strawberry banana smoothie and sat down on the couch.
"School is next week," Mom smiled, "are you excited to start highschool?"
"No, we need to go shopping. We don't have to wear uniforms anymore so I need clothes. And I need a new bookbag," I said.
"Okay, we'll go this weekend. Friday will be your day, and Saturday will be Kylie's day," she said.
"Okay, that sounds good." I said. I haven't spent time with Mom in what seems like forever.