Wedding Planning

Ashley's POV

I dressed Kylie in white tights, a black dress with a white now on the side, a matching bow for her hair, and black shoes that had a tiny buckle on them. I was wearing a black dress as well, with black heels. Matt was wearing a black suit.
"Are you ready?" He asked.
"Do you remember how to get to the cemetery?" I asked. I looked around for the GPS.
"Yeah, and I have Kylie's blanket so we can hide her from the paparazzi." He said. I tried to get Matt to go to his Dad's funeral. He wouldn't do it, no matter what I tried he just wouldn't cave. At least we're going to the burial ground. We're supposed to be there at 1 and it's 12:15. It takes 45 minutes to get there, so hopefully there isn't any traffic.
"Okay, let's go." I said. I took the blanket out of Matt's hand and covered Kylie with it. We passed the paparazzi and got in the car. I sat in the back with Kylie, she hates being left alone.

We got to the cemetery 5 minutes late, but we hurried to the crowd of people. Matt walked up to his Mom and put his hand on her back. She smiled at him and continued to listen to the Pastor. I stayed in the back. Kylie was being fussy because of the cold weather. They sang two songs and said a prayer, then it was over.
"I really appreciate that you guys came." Jane said. Jane is Matt's mother. She still doesn't really like me, but since Matt and I are getting married and we have a baby now, she's trying to soften up.
"Yeah, I tried to get him to go to the funeral, but he didn't want to." I said.
"Well, at least you guys showed up. How's my baby Kylie doing?" She smiled. I held Kylie out for her.
"She's a little fussy. I think it's because of the weather," I said.
"Or you don't feed her! She's so tiny." She exclaimed.
" I feed her exactly how much I'm supposed to feed her. She was born 6 weeks early," I reminded her, "if I had her on my due date, she'd still be in my stomach, I would have her in like a week." It hit me. Kylie's going to be a month old in 2 days. She's growing too fast. It feels like I was in the hospital giving birth just yesterday. Jane held Kylie until we walked back to the car. She buckled her in and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"I'll get a hold of you guys later." She said. I got in the car and rubbed Kylie's head.
"You're not used to her, are you?" I cooed, "it's okay, when we get home you can eat." I looked out the window and watched Matt tell his mother goodbye. He got in the car and started it.
"How's my girl's back there?" He asked. Kylie sneezed. I laughed at her.
"Someone's a little hungry, and she needs a diaper change too." I said. He laughed.
"Okay, home it is." He smiled.

We walked back into the apartment and we all walked upstairs to change our clothes. Matt took Kylie while I changed my clothes. I put on Victoria Secret sweatpants and a black v-neck shirt. I walked into the nursery and watched Matt change Kylie. He dressed her in a pink onesie.
"Hi Kylie, are you hungry?" I asked. She gave me a weird look. Matt laughed.
"I'm changing my clothes, I'll be back." He said. He kissed my cheek and walked out of the nursery. I sat down on the rocking chair and fed Kylie. After I burped her, she quickly fell asleep. I placed her into her bassinet and searched for Matt. I walked downstairs and found him in the kitchen.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Making lunch, I'm inviting Kevin and Ryan over. We haven't hung out in a while and they want to meet Kylie," he explained. Kevin and Ryan are on Matt's football team. They're close.
"Okay, I'll go put jeans on then." I said.
"You don't have to, you look fine. I'm wearing sweatpants too." He objected.
"Yeah, but you look good in sweatpants. I'll be right back." I went upstairs and put on skinny jeans. I accidentally woke Kylie up.
"It's okay baby, don't cry. I'm right here," I said. I picked her up and took her downstairs with me.
"Matt, she wants you." I said. Kylie held her tiny arms out for Matt.
"How's my little gummy bear?" He smiled. He started calling her that like 2 weeks ago. I watched them interact with each other.

I had Kylie on my lap while Matt and I ate lunch. Matt made a chicken salad. I'm trying to eat healthy and I plan to lose weight soon. The doorbell rang and I got up to get it.
"I got it, sit back down." He said, "you didn't finish your lunch yet." He said. I said back down, still holding Kylie, and finished eating my salad. I watched Matt greet his friends. Why do guys always wear sweatpants and a v-neck? I swear, that's all they wear. I stood up, with Kylie, and walked in the livingroom where they were.
"Hey Ashley! Last time I saw you, you were ready to pop!" Kevin laughed.
"Kylie is so cute. How old is she?" Ryan asked.
"She'll be one month in two days," Matt smiled.
"Do you guys want anything to drink?" I asked.
"3 Pepsi's babe," Matt said. I put Kylie in Matt's arms and went to the fridge. I came back and gave them their drinks. They all sat on the couch and I sat on the chair with Kylie. Listening to them talk made me realize that I don't have friends. After highschool, I ran off with Matt. Maya was my only friend, but she lost herself and now she's gone. I only have Kathleen and Maureen, but they haven't been here since the baby was born.
"They're switching players out left and right. The Steelers got Mike Vick." Kevin informed.
"Yeah, two Giants players got moved up to the Patriots. They're switching out a few players from each team. They didn't talk about our team yet," Ryan said.
"Man, they can't switch me out. I can't go. I have a family now." Matt said.
"They ain't gonna do it to you, it's your 2nd year playin'," Kevin said. I looked over at Matt, and he glanced at me.
"They better not," Matt sighed.
"When are y'all getting married?" Kevin asked. Matt and I shared glances. We haven't really talked about it since Kylie was born.
"Uhh, we haven't picked out a day yet." I said.
"It better be before September, practice really picks up then." Ryan said.
"What about late July, we'll fly everyone to Florida and have it there." Matt said.
"Florida?! That's in 4 months. We'll have to go through invitations now, it's going to be busy."
"I can help you know, our mom's can help too." He said.
"On the beach?"
"Well, yeah. Doesn't that sound cool?"
"Well, I guess. I'll call Mom and have her come over," I said.
"Well, not right now!" Matt objected.
"We have to start now or it's not going to get done! C'mon Kylie, you need a nap," I picked Kylie up and started calling Mom. Ryan and Kevin laughed at my eagerness toward the wedding.

I fed Kylie and put her down for her nap. Mom came over and she came upstairs.
"Matt's having company over?" Mom asked walking in the bedroom. I hushed her and closed the door.
"We'll go downstairs, Kylie's sleeping." I said.
"What are we doing?" Mom asked.
"This is Matt's idea, I think he should explain." I said. We walked downstairs and watched the boys throw a football around.
"None of that right now, Kylie's sleeping." I said.
"Sorry babe, whatcha need?" Matt asked.
"Explain to Mom what you want to happen for the wedding," I said. Matt shifted and thought about his idea for a second.
"I think it'll be a good idea to fly our guests out to Florida and have a beach wedding. We'll be there for a couple days and then we'll fly home," Matt said. Mom stared at Matt for a minute.
"Well, that's a little pricey. But if you go to Florida for your wedding, where are you going for your honeymoon? And someone won't be able to go to the wedding because someone's going to have to stay at the precinct. We can't just 'close the shop down' because our daughter is getting married." Mom said. She had a point. Ryan stared at her in amazement.
"If I ever have a problem, I am going to you," Ryan said. Mom laughed.
"Okay, so we'll find some place here that's really nice. Then we can have our honeymoon somewhere tropical." Matt said.
"Like Florida?"
"No, it's going to be a surprise. Olivia, can you watch Kylie during the last week of July?" He asked.
"Uhh, yeah. I guess..." Mom said.
"Where do we start on all of this?" I asked.
"The place, the food, the invitations, bridesmaids, your dress, there's a lot." Mom said, "how many bridesmaids do you want?"
"I don't have any friends so it's just going to be Kathleen and Maureen," I sighed.
"Awe, you need to meet people. Have fun," Mom smiled.
"I have a baby, Mom. I'm not 'having fun' when I can stay at home with my family," I said firmly. She laughed at me.
"Oh honey, that's what I did. I wish I went out more and met new people."
"Geez Mom, I'm sorry I ruined your dreams." I mumbled.
"That's not what I meant!" She exclaimed.

We planned out the wedding and we wrote down names of people who are going to be invited. It was football friends and my police family. We really need to get out more because this wedding is going to be so small. After everyone left, Matt and I went upstairs and chilled with Kylie.