Let's go home

Ashley's POV

I finished burping Kylie, and handed her to Mom.
"When is everyone coming?" I asked her.
"Your Dad should be here any minute, and the squad will be here in 4 hours." She said, playing with Kylie's hands.
"Okay, I'm going to bed." I said. I was so sore, and so tired. I could barely keep my eyes open. My boobs were feeling so much better though.

Olivia's POV

My little granddaughter. My little miracle. 6 weeks early and still healthy. I wish my labor was as easy as Ashley's.
"Hey, is Ashley sleeping?" Elliot asked, walking into the room.
"Yeah, she passed out 20 minutes ago." Matt yawned.
"March 23rd, God gave us a beautiful granddaughter. Hi Kylie, I'm your grandpa." Elliot smiled, rubbing her cheek. She fussed for a couple seconds, but got used to the rough thumb.
"Was it fast?" He asked.
"Compared to mine, oh yeah. But she didn't have an epidural or anything."
"No drugs?"
"Nope," I said.
"That had to be hard," he said. I gave Matt his daughter and sat down beside Ashley. Elliot followed.
"Is Kylie staying in here for a while longer since she was born early?" He asked.
"No, she's perfectly healthy. She's eating and everything. It won't surprise me if she can leave before Ashley can," I said.
"Why?"
"Kylie is Ashley's first baby, without any drugs or anything. That's tough, she'll probably be in too much pain for a while." I said.
"How is she?" Fin and Amanda asked, walking in.
"I thought you guys weren't coming until later?" I asked confused.
"There's a vic down the hall, we just took her statement. We thought we would just pop in and see how everything's going," Amanda said. Matt stood up and gently placed Kylie in Amanda's arms.
"She's so beautiful, and tiny. What's her name?"
"Kylie Olivia Lendall," Ashley whispered.
"Go back to sleep, you'll need it." I warned her.
"How are you feeling?" Fin asked her.
"Sore. When I wanted an epidural, it was too late."
"You had that baby without drugs?" He asked in astonishment.
"Yeah, it was awful." She said.
"But look what you gained, she's precious." Amanda said. Ashley extended her arms and grabbed Kylie from Amanda.
"I can't wait to take her home," she smiled.
"Everyone is coming up now," I said to her. And within a few minutes Nick, Barba, Brian, and Carisi were here.
"She's beautiful," Nick said.
"Everyone this is Kylie, Kylie this is your new family." Ashley smiled.
"Who thought of the name Kylie?" Carisi asked.
"We both did. It was either Kylie or Katie." Matt said.
"I think Kylie is a beautiful name." Nick said.
"Here," Ashley said, putting Kylie in Nick's arms. Kylie fussed and started crying.
"No, you have to hold her like this!" Barba said snatching her out of Nick's arms. She still cried.
"Guys, you're doing it all wrong. It's like this," Brian said gently grabbing the baby. He held her so close to his body and rubbed her cheek. We all watched in amazement. Who knew Brian had it in him.
"We could really use your help at 2 in the morning." Matt said. I looked over and saw Ashley sleeping.
"Okay, everyone out. Let Ashley have some sleep." I saw everyone get up, including Matt.
"Matt, you stay here with your fiancé and baby. And Brian, you can't leave with a newborn." I said. Matt took Kylie out of Brian's arms and sat down beside Ashley.
"When should she eat again?" Matt asked.
"A nurse should come in, she'll give you guys a schedule too."
"Okay, good." He said relieved.
"I'm warning you guys now; when you take her home, I'm not coming over to help. I'll let you guys have a week. I don't want to crowd you or anything. You have to figure out what Kylie likes and go from there. It won't be easy, but it's what's best," I said. I really wanted them to do this on their own so Kylie will grow more attached to them. A nurse walked in again and woke Ashley up.
"It's time for you to feed your newborn," she smiled. Ashley yawned extended her arms out for Matt to give her Kylie. Ashley breastfed Kylie, making sure to burp her. The nurse came back in and took Kylie.
"She has a bedtime," she explained, "She'll be back at 2am, then 6am. That's when you'll feed her. Then you guys can go home at 10am." She smiled.
"Well, I'm going home. My job is done. I love you guys. Call me if anything happens or changes," I said to Ashley. I kissed her cheek and hugged Matt. I walked to the cafeteria and met up with the squad.
"Hey guys," I said.
"Hey Liv, tired yet?" Fin asked.
"Exhausted, I can't even imagine how Ashley feels," I said, rubbing my forehead.
"Well, Kylie is beautiful." Amanda said.
"Yeah, listen. I'm sorry if I sound bitchy, but I'm really exhausted and I need to go home and get some sleep. Are you ready babe?" I asked Brian.
"Ready when you are," he said. 

-------
Ashley's POV

I woke up at 2am, then at 6am. I fed Kylie. She's my life. I never knew I could love someone so much, in just a short amount of time. After I fed her at 6am, she fell asleep on my chest. I rubbed every inch of her warm, small body. From her full head of blonde hair, to her tiny feet that were too small to fit in the palm of my hand. I kissed her forehead and let her sleep. Matt was passed out beside me. I was still sore, but it started to fade away, slowly. It hurts really bad when I try to walk though. I ordered French toast and a glass of milk for breakfast. This hospital's food is amazing! I love it so much. One of the hospital's staff brought it up for me and Matt. He ordered the same thing. We talked about what we were going to do with Kylie when we get home.
"She's a newborn, you can't do anything. Sleep, eat, and poop. That's all she's going to do." I said. Matt laughed, "well, it's going to be like this for a while."
"I love that thought. Just us, alone in our little apartment. With the most beautiful baby in the whole world. Matt, look what we did!" I smiled, looking down at Kylie.
"Yeah, we created a miracle. She's just as beautiful as her Mom," he smiled. He kissed my lips softly, then kissed Kylie's cheek.
"She's the softest baby," he exclaimed, rubbing her arm.
"We get to leave in 45 minutes!" I said. Kylie started fussing I'm my arms.
"Shhh, it's alright. We're going home soon." I whispered to her. I rubbed her cheeks slowly. The nurse came back in and explained everything to me. I have an appointment tomorrow at 3pm, and so does Kylie.
"She gets fed every hour and a half/ two hours for the first month. I suggest every hour and a half during the daytime. When she's sleeping, don't wake her up to feed her. She'll wake up on her own, but for the first week I would suggest to wake her up at 3am. To prevent SIDS. Her diaper needs changed every time you feed her, and she should have her first bath in 2 weeks. I'll roll you out to your car," she said putting the wheelchair beside my bed.
"Let's go home," I said to Kylie.

----

"I'm dropping you off at the door, I don't want the paparazzi to attack you two in the parking garage," he said.
"Okay," I said. I was sitting in the backseat beside Kylie. Matt stopped the car infront of the apartment building and helped me with Kylie. I grabbed the handle on her car seat and pulled her out. I put a blanket over the handle so she was protected from the paparazzi, but could still breathe.
"I'll meet you in the apartment in 10 minutes," he said. He kissed my cheek and got back in the car. I scrambled though the paparazzi as best as I could.
"Was it hard in the delivery room?"
"Was Matt in the room with you or was he focused about football?"
"What's her name?"
"Do you regret having a baby when Matt's about to go back into football training?"
"Did you have complications since she was early?"
"Is the baby a distraction?"
Like seriously, I can barely walk and they're making it so much worse. I'm trying to move past them, but they've completely surrounded me.
"Move, you're scaring her!" I shouted.
"Hey! Back off!" Matt shouted, running to the scene.
"We're just asking the lady some questions." A camera guy said.
"Get out of the way or the camera is going to be broken," he threatened. He put his hand on my back and guided me inside the apartment building. We went up the elevator and opened our apartment door. Mom was here, but she must of already left. She put fruit, flowers, and other snacks on the table. She even put down 3 packs of diapers. I removed the blanket and unstrapped Kylie from the car seat.  She was sleeping so I just left her in there.
"She's so beautiful," Matt said. I put my arms around his shoulders.
"I'm in love with the both of you. More than you can imagine," I said kissing his lips. We heard a thud coming from upstairs and then running. Then, we heard Taylor barking. Matt ran to quiet Taylor down, while I watched to see if she woke Kylie up. Kylie moved around a little, but she didn't wake up. I moved the car seat next to the couch and I layed on the couch. I'm so exhausted from everything. I took a picture of her toes and put it on Instagram. I have over 500k followers because of Matt. Matt and I share the same Instagram. Matt came back down and asked if I wanted anything.
"I could use some hot tea." I smiled. He walked to the kitchen and came back out.
"Here," he said.
"Thanks baby," I smiled. We layed together, waiting for Kylie to wake up.