Dad's House

Ashley's POV

I woke up beside Matt, our legs tangled up together. I put my robe on and went out to the living room to call Dad. I told him that we'd definitely be there before 3. I made Matt scrambled eggs and ham, for his "protein" that he doesn't need, and went back to the bedroom.
"Awe baby," he smiled. I placed the plate on his lap and climbed up beside him. He turned the tv on and watched recorded football games.
"Do you have to watch that now?" I complained.
"Yeah, I got to get in the zone. We can't screw up this year. We have to make it to playoffs."
"The Jets made it to playoffs every year."
"Not last year," he reminded me.
"I told Dad that we'd be there before 3. I'm giving the 2 tickets to Kathleen and Maureen."
"That's nice, you guys haven't seen eachother since July."
"Yeah, so get dressed." I said kissing him. I got up and went to the closet. I put on jeggings and a brown shirt that showed a little cleavage.
"Here babe," I threw him jeans and a white v-neck shirt. I went to the bathroom and brushed my dark brown hair that was just above my mid back. I put a little makeup on and checked on Matt.
"Ready babe?" I asked walking back in the bedroom. He was putting his shirt on.
"Let's go," he grabbed our bags and we made our way to his car.

The hour ride was peaceful. We avoided the word football as much as we could. I'm honestly dreading football season. He's playing a dangerous position.
"Babe," he said putting his hand on my lap.
"What?" I asked flashing out of my thoughts.
"I said we're here, what were you thinking about?" He asked curiously.
"Nothing, I was just daydreaming." I lied. We got out and Matt carried the bags to the door.
"You know that I can carry my own bag, right?"
"Just let me look good in front of your dad," he said.
"Why? He already likes you," I laughed. I opened the door.
"Dad! We're here!" I yelled. He came from the kitchen.
"Girls! They're here!" He smiled. He hugged me, then Matt.
"I thought you were coming at 3? It's only 1:45 ish." He said.
"We were avoiding traffic." Matt said putting the bags down.
"I see..." He said suspiciously. Maureen and Kathleen ran out to greet us. Then Kathy.
"You're so ripped!" Maureen said staring at Matt. We all laughed.
"Guess what?" I said, "I have two tickets for my favorite step sisters to see the NY Jets!"
"No way!" Kathleen said.
"Right here," I said handing them the tickets.
"What position are you?" Dad asked Matt.
"Wide Receiver. On Saturday, you guys need to watch us on channel 53. They'll announce what position everyone is."
"You're gonna be on tv too Ashley?" Kathy said.
"Yeah, we need to go shopping and pick out an outfit."
Definitely!" Maureen squealed.

It was a relaxing night. Me and the girls were talking about Maureen's new boyfriend and Matt was in the kitchen with Dad, probably talking about football.
"So, 6 years?" Kathleen questioned.
"Yeah, since I was 13." I said proudly.
"Has he dropped the question yet?"
"No, we just moved in together, we don't want to rush it."
"Well, he's gonna be on tv a lot, you better claim him before someone else tries to." Maureen warned.
"I think if he truly loves her, she won't have to worry about another girl," Kathy said.
"Thanks Kathy," I said.
"Well, I'm going to bed. See everyone in the morning," Dad said. I hugged Dad.
"Goodnight Daddy," I said.
"Goodnight baby girl."
I turned around and went up to Matt.
"Ready for bed?" He asked.
"Goodnight everyone!" I smiled.

Elliot's POV

I can't believe I just had that conversation with Matt.
"What's wrong?" Kathy said fixing the blanket.
"Matt just asked me for Ashley's hand in marriage," I whispered.
"What?" She said excitedly.
"It's a surprise for Saturday. The whole team is doing something special for it."
"We have to watch it then," Kathy smiled.
"Duh," I said.
"Are you ready to let go?" She asked.
"No, that's my babygirl." I said.
"You knew this day was happening, you can't hold on to her forever!"
"I know, but still."
"Let's go to bed and we'll talk about it in the morning," she suggested.
I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

Ashley's POV

Matt and I are leaving today at noon. Matt leaves tomorrow for practice. Matt and I walked out to the kitchen to eat breakfast and say
our goodbyes. We left Dad's at 10 and made it back to Mom's at 11:30 to get Taylor. We settled back in our apartment by 1. We made love over and over until our bodies were worn out and sore. We watched reruns of football until we got enough strength to make love again. I washed the sheets and made dinner at 6.
"Steak and asparagus sounds really good right now," Matt yelled from the bedroom.
"You know I can't make steak," I laughed. He came out in his boxers and started frying the steak.
"What do you need packed for tomorrow?" I asked.
"I have clothes at the condo, the only thing I need to take is you," he said kissing my cheek.
"You know I can't go tomorrow, I have to take care of Taylor." I said.
"I really want to go with you, it's just impossible." I said with tears in my eyes.
"I know baby," he wiped away my tears, "it's gonna get easier for us, I promise." He finished the steaks and started the asparagus. I played with Taylor until she fell asleep.
"Are you hungry?" He asked. I shook my head no.
"You have to eat something babe, it's not healthy if you don't," he said, concerned. My stomach couldn't handle the food. I could barely handle the smell.
"I don't feel good," I slurred. I felt so dizzy, Matt caught me before I fell. He carried me to bed and got a warm, wet rag. He placed it on my head and grabbed a bucket, just in case I was going to throw up.
"Do you want some Advil?" He asked.
"No, I think I'm okay now." I said, sitting up in bed.
"Why don't you just sleep, your probably just stressed out."
We fell asleep together, dreading the next morning.