"I don't understand what you're tryi-"

"The rich girls steal, the pretty girls lie, the smart girls play dumb and the dumb girls spend their days trying to be all the above," he cut me off.

I widened my eyes for some seconds before bursting into laughter. Seriously, I hadn't had such a burst out of laughing in months.

"You didn't really quote Pretty Little Liars," I breathlessly uttered between my laughs.

He glared at me.

"Come on Cam, I get you love your little Rosie but seriously now, why would you guys watch it together?!" I asked adding a huge amount of irony as I pronounced the word 'love'.

You are more than free to say that it is because I haven't experienced real love yet, but Cammy here did not love Rosie. At least, not enough to watch girly shows with her, for God's sake!

"Why not? Whenever we don't feel like going out w-"

"Seriously?"

He shrugged giving up. "I bet you can think ten better ways to spend my time with her, right?" he asked ironically.

I snorted. "They are called sex positions," I said in a 'duh' tone, giving him a flat look.

"Ha-ha."

"You don't do it a lot, huh? That explains a lot..." I said amusingly, wrapping a lock of hair around my index finger.

"Unlike you, she's still learning. I bet you have tons of experience to share, right?"

I bit my lip holding back a snort. This was obviously an indirect way to tell me that porn stars were less sexually active than I was, right?

"Well, given that my window is right opposite to yours, like you said, I bet you have heard how experienced I am," I shrugged, raising an eyebrow.

He grunted.

I blew him a kiss and made my way to the restaurant to fill my growling stomach. I grabbed some chocolate cake and a cup of coffee and headed to a table at the corner of the restaurant, right next to a huge window.

My gaze traveled behind the glass, right to the pure waters of the waterfall.

I wasn't really friendly back there but I seriously wanted to attack him when he started reading my book in a such mocking tone. He didn't know, of course, but writing was the only thing I actually cared about -besides Lyn- so I would not take any bullshit. Especially not from him.

Plus, whenever we talked he gave me the impression that his relationship with Rosie was like bullying in his life. By this I mean that the way he talked made me believe that neither had he chosen to terrify innocent nerdy people nor had he chosen to be with her. Okay, she was hot and all but when everyone expects you to be with someone and you're Cameron Shaw, you build a relationship with Barbie no matter how annoying she can be.

So, I did not get it. Why did he always defend her?

I mean, seriously, it was ridiculous.

He couldn't have... feelings for her.

Could he?

I shook the involuntary question out of my head and started nibbling on my cake.

Half an hour later, my eyes were glued on my now cold coffee. I felt miserable and I didn't know if the cause was Cameron's mocking tone at my book or his whole attitude towards me. Yes, sue me but I couldn't get it out of my mind.

I was ready to make my way back to the room and stay tucked underneath the covers for the next dozen of days when Cameron's tall figure appeared at the door of the restaurant. He walked towards me and focused his burning blue gaze on me.