"Let's take this slowly," Harry sighed. It hasn't been long since they got on mutual terms again and Harry wanted this last chance to be better. He was going to take all the cautions he thought would be needed to be taken. Harry really did want to be with Niall and to do so they needed to be more careful.

In most situations, normally the person on the side of a relationship would demand for their forbidden lover to expose their relationship. But Harry heard Niall mention some complicated things standing in their way so Harry decided he would stay patient just a little bit longer. 

Of course Niall needed to tell him what these complications are some time soon for Harry to understand why it was so difficult for them to be together.

"Alright," Niall agreed, adjusting Harry on his lap by putting an arm over Harry's lap onto the side of his thigh. He gave Harry a chaste kiss on his cheek and smiled, looking into Harry's green eyes. 

They were a little dull, their shine not quite reaching its full potential but Niall knew that the sparkle in Harry's eyes would return soon. 

He just hoped he could be there when they did. 

He really doesn't want to lose Harry again.

"We should drink the coffee before it gets entirely cold. It is freezing outside," Harry said, reaching over to grab his coffee and handing Niall the other coffee.

They sat there talking for a while. During that time, Harry had move from Niall's lap to Niall's desk to get a better view of Niall sitting in the chair. It was a nice talk. They conversed of nothing too deep but it was still interesting. The topic they were having a conversation on was cut short when Niall's phone began to ring. 

Harry looked down to his side and saw the same name he saw that other night. 

Melissa. 

Harry became frightening silent. Niall didn't move an inch from his position as he stared at his phone until it stopped ringing. When it did, Harry tore his eyes away from the floor to look at Niall. 

"Weren't you going to answer it?" Harry asked quietly. 

Niall closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again and looking at Harry with a smile. He was going to speak again when the phone began ringing again. Harry frowned, putting his cup down and grabbing the phone. Niall held his breath for a moment until Harry handed him his continuously ringing phone. 

"You should answer it. It could be important," Harry shook the phone that was still being held in the air. Niall was hesitant but eventually took the phone from Harry and answered it. 

"Hey Melissa," Niall mumbled. "Everything okay?"

"Niall! Finally you answer!" Melissa exclaimed. "I just got a call from my mother telling me that your parents are planning to come visit us in two days. Apparently you said you had something special planned for all of us!"

"What?" Niall was utterly confused. "I- no. That can't be. I don't remember. . ."

"Hang on. . .Oh! I just got a message from your mom saying that she is planning to take me shopping for a gown," Melissa continued to talk in excitement. "How fun! I can't wait for whatever you have planned, Niall. I need to go but I'll come over later. I love you!"

She quickly ended the call. 

"Everything alright?" Harry asked, swinging his legs back and forth slightly. 

Niall groaned, throwing his head back. He was already tired from work, what could his parents possibly want now?

"I guess my parents decided it would be a great time to come visit me," Niall rubbed his temples. "This is just going to put me behind schedule. Great."

"You don't want to see your parents?" Harry questioned. 

"No, it's not that. Its. . .they're the complication," Niall looked off to the side as if he was in another thought. Harry mumbled a soft oh as his eyes widened a little. He should have guessed the complication would be Niall's parents. It was almost the most obvious thing. 

Niall put his phone back on the table and stood up. 

He didn't say anything but his actions spoke more than he ever could. 

Niall brought Harry into a hug. With Niall's chin on top of Harry's head, he leaned his head against Niall's chest. Harry hugged Niall tightly around his waist while Niall held Harry closely against him.

Niall pulled away and stood between Harry's legs. His hands were on both of Harry's soft cheeks when he leaned down to press a soft kiss on Harry's forehead. 

Harry teasingly smiled and rolled his eyes, grabbing Niall by the collar of his shirt and pulling him down for a kiss. 

"I think I understand now," Harry said with a gentle voice. 

He kissed Niall's nose and sighed. 

School's kicking my ass and the freezing weather isn't helping me either. 

Predictions for why Niall's parents are coming to visit?

-Skyxo