Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, there's a puff of smoke as the grass nin takes Naruto's place. "Looks like I can have more fun then I expected," The grass nin hissed. The grass nin swallows her scroll. Sakura cringes in disgust.

So, we will have to kill him to get that scroll. She pulls on her eyelid, and suddenly the other two froze. I looked between them. What's going on? "Ah, so your death doesn't effect you? Hm, maybe..." The grass nin muses.

Suddenly, I'm frozen. I fall on my knees, clutching my head in my hands. I see my team leaving me. I see them kicking me out of the village. I see them leaving me here to die, saving themselves. I see them mocking me, watching me die without helping.

It plays through my head like a broken record. Abandonment, betrayal, hurt, anger, sadness... It's overwhelming. Like every bad feeling I've ever had attacking me. I'm going to go insane! I can't stand it! 

I grab a kunai, slicing at my left arm, still exposed from proving to Sasuke who I was. I cut at least four times, each helping get rid of the emotions a little more. I finally can breathe. Blood is running down my arm as just stay there on my knees, panting.

I'm vaguely aware of Sasuke stabbing himself. I jumped away with Sasuke, and just lean against the tree we were on, trembling. He isn't even paying attention to me or Sakura. Sakura crawls towards me, and I look up at her, as if seeing her for the first time.

"Keira-chan? Are you okay?" She asks, worried.

I low, dark chuckle escapes me. Okay? Okay?!? I can't trust you anymore, my teammates, I can't even trust myself! After seeing that illusion... I can't trust anything! Sakura sends me a hurt look, then goes to heal Sasuke. 

I see her forcing chakra into his leg, somewhat healing him. I taught her that. A snake appears behind us, and I jump away, leaving my teammates behind. They would do the same, right? I saw it with my own eyes!

Sasuke breaks, he can't stand the pressure. "Ahhh! Stay away from me!" He shouts in panic. He throws several shurikan at the snake. 

"Keira-chan, why don't you help us?" Sakura cries out.

I look at her coldly. "Why should I? You wouldn't help me," I accuse.

"Of course we would! We're your teammates! We care for you and would protect you!" She cries out.

I stiffen. They care? They'd protect me? I shake slightly in confusion. But... I saw them.. they abandoned me... 

I narrow my eyes. That f*cking grass nin, messing with my head. I can't look at my teammates the same after that hallucination, but they're still my teammates!

The grass nin is about to attack Sasuke, winding up a tree to get to him. I throw several shurikan to stop her, but a kunai is there too! I look behind me and saw Naruto. "Sorry, Sasuke!" He cried out, "I forgot the password,"

I smile hesitantly. Same old Naruto. He wouldn't ever abandon anyone. "Looks like you defeated that big snake... Naruto-kun," She said. 

There has never been a situation where things get better when he comes, Sasuke thought. I smirked dryly. 

"I'll give you this scroll if you leave in peace!" Sasuke declared. Baka, I need to pass this if I get to fight Gaara... speaking of which, I should find him in here and kill him. Same with that Ino-baka. Sasuke prepares to toss the scroll, but I'm there in an instant, scroll in my pouch. 

Naruto attacks the girl, but she does a summoning jutsu. A huge snake appears, attacking him. I grab him and dodge just as the snake breaks the branch Naruto is on. But I lose my grip on him while dodging the tail again.