Ch.18 Best thing she never had.

Start bij het begin

"Alessa darling how are you? You look stunning as always" she said before giving me a quick hug and a peck on my cheeks.

Our attention was caught when we saw Ginger emerged from the car, she walked closer to us but didn't bother greeting her grandparents.

"What is she doing here?!" Emman's mom asked frowning. He smiled patiently and tapped Ginger's shoulder.

"Because she's my daughter, of course she's with me" She made a face upon hearing it.

"She's your family not mine. I can't wait to have a grandchildren with Alessa, a legitimate Fernandez that will inherit our wealth" I frowned by her remarks. She's just like my mom, I'm sure they will get along well.

I'm hurt for Ginger, I don't like anyone saying bad things to her but I'm not in the position to argue so I snapped it out of my thought immediately.

"Ginger is a real Fernandez mom so there's nothing that you can do about that, by the way where's dad?" Emman replied politely. I'm glad that he changed the topic afterwards.

"Oh, he's in the backyard watering his plants, he will be joining us for lunch soon" his mother replied before leading us to poolside area where the food are already served.

Ginger looked extremely bored and so am I. Our topic is about the preparation of our upcoming wedding and business merging. Honestly, I'd rather talk to Ginger despite the fact that she's always irritable rather than talking to Emman's mom.

"Say Ginger, how was school? Do you enjoy taking your Masters degree here?" her grandfather asked. He still looked fit considering his age, and I can see on his eyes that he's trying his best to be close to Ginger. 

"I just enrolled in tourism because I kind of find it more enjoying" she replied flatly without even glancing at him.

Enjoying all the girls! I corrected mentally.

She enjoys tourism because she can flirt with every girl in that department and that pisses me off, especially Janine because I know that she's just using her for money. Emman's parents looked at her in disbelief, it's like she committed a terrible crime. 

"Well you're still young and besides, you already graduated cum laude in Civil Engineering so there's nothing wrong if you take a second course" he replied kindly after recovering from shock.

"What do you expect Charles? She's wasting our money for a stupid course, I'm sure she chose that because she wants to flirt with beautiful girls" his wife interrupted. I feel jealous whenever I think about that reason.

"Oh! You're right, I don't know what's with me that girls find attractive" Ginger said smirking.

"Ginger enough" Emman said sternly, sensing that it may turn out to be a fight.

She just shrugged her shoulders in response and continued eating in silence.

"You really have a thick face! Stop using our money for your disgusting acts! I won't tolerate you-" Emman slammed the table to stop her from talking.

"Mom enough! Can't you just eat in silence?!" I'm also starting to get annoyed with her attitude towards Ginger.

"I'm not the one who started this Emman! She's like Melanie a dis-" She's interrupted again by Ginger's slam on the table.

"You can say bad things to me for all I care but don't you ever say bad things to my mother because you don't have the rights old woman!" she blurted out in anger while pointing her finger to her grandmother. I'm so shocked by her sudden outburst, she looked scary.

"You bastard! You are a disgrace to this family!" Emman's mom yelled back at her.

She massaged her forehead and her chest afterwards. It looks like she's gonna have a heart attack anytime soon, she have a hypertension so she mustn't be angry.

"Well I never considered you as a family in the first place" Ginger sneered. Emman turned his attention to her and rebuked her.

"Don't be rude, no matter what she did before, she's still your grandma. I forgave her so you should too"

"Why would I do that huh? It's easy for you to say that because you never experienced what it's like to be one of us, she deserve to be treated like that--"

"Ginger enough!" He warned her but she's to angry to be stopped.

"The only time that I can forgive and accept that old woman is when I'm dead al—" the sound of Emman's slap on her face filled the room.

My jaw dropped upon witnessing what just happened. I immediately ran to Emman and grabbed his arm to stop him if ever he's going to slap her again.

"Emman stop it! Please she's your daughter!" He pointed at her afterwards.

"Everything you have right now are from them, if you can't be respectful to her at least try being civil! Your grandma is sick"

"She's not going to get that from me, they are the reason why my mother died, the reason why I grew up poor and the reason why the only person I loved left me" she argued as her voice started to be broken.

"I wish mom never met you so that I wasn't born, In that way I won't be experiencing the pain that I felt six years ago and it hurts so much today! I wish you didn't find me, I'd rather be poor and died in hunger than to have all these stupid things but can't have the only thing that I wanted!" she blurted as her tears started to fall.

I know it's me that she's talking about, I want to hug her right now but I controlled myself not to. Emman is taken aback by what she just said and I saw the hurt in his eyes.

I never thought she felt that way before. I used to know her as a happy person despite being poor and full of ambition. What she said is true, she can't have me now because I'm already her father's fiancée. I don't want the both of them fighting and hurting each other.

"And what is it that you want?" He managed to ask after he recovered. She glanced at me before speaking.

"You can't give me that dear father " she replied while shaking her head before turning around to walk away.

"Follow her" I told Emman but he shook his head.

I released his arm and followed Ginger outside.

"Ginger wait! Where are you going?" I said while grabbing her arm to stop her from walking.

"You should fix this to your father" I pleaded but she snatched her arm away from my grasp.

"Fix what? Everything I said is true, I wish I didn't meet the both of you. You two are killing me inside, go back to him"

"Ginger, please come back inside" I don't know what to do. I'm so affected by what just happened.

"I won't stay to a place where I am not needed" she finally said before heading outside of the gate.

                           •M•E•G•I•M•N•M•