Chapter Fourteen

Shawn grabbed Sylar by the neck, and using his telekinetic abilities to help him, he lifted Sylar off of the ground and slowly started strangling him. The Chief rushed in. "Shawn, what are you doing?!" She asked frantically. He dropped the body.

"Getting information."

"That is attempted murder! Shawn, if you don't go by department rules, I'm going to have to arrest you." Karen said, flashing her spare handcuffs.

Shawn just looked at her and sat Sylar down in his seat. The second Shawn sat in his own, Sylar just laughed and laughed.

Karen walked out after another reprimanding glance at Shawn, and resumed her position of watching through the one-way glass. Shawn was staring at Sylar intently, straining to read his mind, but he could hear only Lassiter's thoughts from upstairs. He then moved onto trying to call the spirits or the energy the lightning gave him or however it works. Nothing.

Sylar was watching the emotions of anger and then simple confusion pass through Shawn's eyes. Sylar had won. At least, he thought he had until Shawn's eyes started to glaze over, but it was so fleeting that it could have just been Sylar's imagination. Suddenly, after a long period of time of just intense staring, Shawn got up and left silently. The time was 11:15. An hour and a half with Sylar and he had gotten only the tiniest piece of information.

Sylar wasn't working alone.

**********

After the chaotic scenario in the interrogation room, Karen spent a few more minutes making sure it didn't happen again, then went up to talk to Juliet. "O'Hara, my office."

Juliet turned at the sound of her name, and saw Chief Vick leaning out of her office doorway and beckoning her over with a concerned look. She hurried over, and Karen shut the doors and closed the blinds behind her. "Is everything okay? Has Shawn been acting strange - stranger than usual?"

Juliet frowned thoughtfully at the question. "He's still adjusting to the powers, I think. He seems to believe that his heightened abilities should make him more able to solve cases, so he is probably being weighed down with the fact that the visions come less often, but more powerful. I hink that he just needs to be told that not everything that goes wrong is his fault. Buzz is in the ICU, it's Shawn's fault somehow, and I don't know how to stop him from thinking that way.

"Does this have to do with anything? Oh my god, did something happen in the interrogation room? Is he okay?" Juliet asked.

"He's fine, for now anyways. And yeah, things happened. He nearly killed Sylar. In self defense, it's understandable, and doesn't count as attempted murder. But in a police station? He nearly strangled the life out of Sylar. Even though that man is a dirty son of a bitch, had I not been there, he would have been dead. And all because Shawn was 'getting information.'

"He is a completely different man when emotionally involved in cases, and he's dangerous. Almost like our very own rendition of Sherlock from Doyle's books," Karen said, chuckling. "I mean, Shawn's behavior was just as bad after Carp shot Henry. But during that I did say that he could continue investigating. This is getting out of hand."

"I'll go down and try to talk to him." As she went to exit the room, Shawn bumped in to her.

"Sorry, sweetheart! What's up?" Shawn said cheerfully, as if nothing was wrong.

"Shawn? What happened? What did Sylar say to you?" asked Juliet frantically.

Shawn looked at the Chief with a 'you didn't tell her?' look and she just shrugged, giving Shawn the option to lie or tell the truth. He lied. "Uh, nothing really. He wouldn't talk."

Juliet looked at Karen, who shrugged again, then back at Shawn. "Oh, sorry. That sucks. I can try and talk to him if you want."

Shawn frantically shook his head, "No! It's too dangerous." But then he closed his eyes, faking a vision that he had had previously. "Wait! Sylar wasn't working alone."