Chapter Thirteen

Juliet woke up, and smiled when she felt her boyfriend's body curled around her. She rolled over and snuggled into him. He responded by shifting slightly and pulling her in tight. Their moment was ruined by a harsh ringing from Juliet's phone. She sighed and picked it up, unclasping Shawn's hands and sitting up. "Hello?"

"O'Hara. Good. Bring Mr. Spencer down to the station. We are going to try and wrap up this Sylar business, and we may need his abilities to help."

"Chief -"

"Please. I'll see you soon." The phone clicked and Juliet sighed again. She threw on one of Shawn's hoodies, and went to the kitchen to make breakfast, only to find that Shawn had silently slipped out of the room while she was on the phone and was currently making pineapple pancakes.

"Hey sweetie. What did Vick want?" Shawn asked while flipping a pancake.

"Uh, she wants us to go down to the station, and she wants you to try and get any information on Sylar or his cohorts. But she wants you to use your abilities."

"Hm." He turned back to the pancakes, and flipped the rest of them. He told Juliet to grab a plate and hold it out, and then proceeded to one by one take the pancakes onto the spatula and flip them onto the plate she was holding, never once missing. He grinned.

"Shawn, how did you do that??" Juliet asked, astonished.

"I've always been really good at my aim. I try to be modest though," Shawn replied, thinking of all of the times his dad had drilled him on aim, whether it be with a baseball throw or a gun. Juliet giggled and put the plate down on the counter, and grabbed a pancake off and ate it by hand. Shawn followed suit.

**********

"You're late," Karen said as Juliet and Shawn, well, mostly Shawn, stomped into her office.

"Well, Chief, I believe that you never set a specific time for Jules and I to arrive here," Shawn said, grabbing the glass blown fish from her desk and admiring it.

Juliet bowed her head, but mumbled, "This is true."

Karen eyed Shawn until he put the fish down. "Now, Mr. Spencer, would you be willing to talk to Sylar? He is in interrogation room C."

Shawn nodded. Juliet turned and leaned into him. "Are you sure you are up to it?" Shawn nodded again, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. He jogged out of the door and into interrogation room C.

"Hello, Shawn." Sylar tilted his head and smirked.

**********

Lassiter was driving home to Marlowe when he heard static on his police radio. "There's a body outside the Psych office. IDing now. Seems to be another one of Santa Barbara's psychics. Officers are currently looking for any evidence or clues."

"Oh, shit." He grabbed the radio. "Head Detective Lassiter. I'm headed there now."

Lassiter put the lights and sirens on and raced to the Psych office. He hopped out of the car and called Marlowe immediately, explaining the situation. Then he went over to the body. "Missouri?"

Karen walked up to him, looking frazzled in appearance, but eyes and ears wide. "You knew her?"

"Yeah, Missouri Moseley. She was out in Lawrence, Kansas before heading here. She visited Old Sonora sometimes and gave readings," Lassiter explained, sadly looking back at one of the few young
adults who had treated him well and as a child.

"Ah. Well, I am sorry for your loss, Detective, but work needs to be completed, and if she is a psychic, then that must mean that Sylar either has a copycat or an inside man. Or this is a coincidence, which is highly unlikely. Keep me updated. I'm going to check on Shawn." Lassiter nodded and Chief Vick strutted away to her car.

**********

"Shawn, how good of you to come and see me," Sylar drawled.

"I'm not here to play games, or fall into your traps, I'm here to talk. This is an interrogation. I ask questions, and you answer them straightfoward, or there will be consequences." Shawn stared at the man with pure hatred in his eyes.

"Oh, I get all tingly when you do that."

Feeling that he was alone with no witnesses, he socked Sylar right in the jaw, tipping him over and the chair with him. Sylar raised his handcuffed hands to his face, caressing the already swelling area. And then he laughed. "Did I touch a nerve there?"

Shawn said nothing and simply lifted the chair up with Sylar on it. He then walked back to the other side of the table, placed his hands on it, and leaned towards Sylar. "I don't know. Did I touch some pain receptors there? If you aren't sure, we can try again. I have all day."

"Shawn, tsk tsk," Sylar reprimanded in an attempted seductive tone, "this isn't you. You are too emotionally involved and you need to let that anger go. Where is the lightheartedness? The flailing?"

"Listen up, pal! I ask the questions here. Now, what do you want with me?"