Chapter 14: First Date

Kevin Pov:

"Um... Excuse me Mr. Kevin."
"Edd... Don't call me Mister; it sounds so weird. We're the same age for crying out loud."
"My apologies... Kevin... I'm a little hungry. Could you look in the third drawer of my desk and give me the trail mix that is in there?"

I smirked "I have a better idea. Here, sit up."
I sat on the bed and helped him up.
"Put your arms around my shoulders." His small arms wrapped around my neck as I lifted him up piggyback style.
"Are you alright?"
"Erm... Yes."
"Let me know if you're in pain, okay?
"Okay."

Edd Pov

I rested my head on his back. He had a faint smell of a familiar cologne. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. It reminded me of something from a long time ago.

Someone was carrying me through the rain. The person was soaking wet but I was almost completely dry. I realized that they had placed a raincoat on me. I tried to shift myself so that the coat covered the person's back.

"You awake dork?"
That voice so familiar. I looked over their shoulder and saw the cul-de-sac in the distance.
"You carried me three miles? I can walk the rest of the way home. Please take your jacket back and get your motorcycle."
"Don't worry about the bike. I'll get it later."
I buried my face in their back as my guilt began to rise. I knew they cared a great deal for that motorcycle and now they had to leave it in the rain because of me.
"I apologize for inconveniencing you."
"You could never be an inconvenience to me Edd." I could hear their heart beating faster as their grip tightened around my legs.

"I... I'm so sorry for ruining our first date. I understand if you don't wish to continue seeing me."
"Heh, I will admit I wasn't expecting our first date to end in you passing out but I'll gladly carry you home everyday if it means I can be with you."
My face felt like it was on fire. "K-Kevin..."

"Kevin?"

Kevin Pov

"Yeah?"
His right arm tightened around my neck. I could feel him bury his face into my back .
"Are you okay Edd?"

Edd Pov

"Kevin and I... dated? Why don't I remember such an important fact?"
"Edd?"
"I... I'm fine." I could feel him let out a sigh as I answered him. He placed me into one of the chairs in the kitchen and walked over to the refrigerator .
"Let's see... Would you like some chicken tetrazzini?"
"I don't believe I've ever had that before. I'd love to taste some if you can make it."

He froze for a brief moment then continued to pull ingredients out of the refrigerator.
"It's been a while since I last made it. Hopefully you'll like it." He looked at me from across the room. There was a soft, sad, smile on his face.