Chapter 3: Dating

I stared at Edd as he slept. I reached over and grabbed his hand and felt his fingers softly curl around mine. I leaned forward and kissed his lips. His face started to turn pink again.

Even after 5 years of dating, he was still extremely shy. I will admit he had come a long way since our first date.

For the first 5 months of our relationship it was normal for him to pass out whenever I looked him in the eye or gave him a compliment. It took a whole year for him to become comfortable with holding my hand. Eventually his fainting became less frequent and he started coming out of his shell more. He made it a point to learn more about the things I liked  and in return I focused more in school and learned about his favorite topics. With his help I managed to get straight A's for my senior year in high school.

Nat and I went off to the same college while Edd went to a different school. We only got to see each other for holidays and summer vacation.

Since we rarely saw each other anymore, he decided that he would try to keep my interest by doing  more "adult things."  I tried to convince him that I wasn't going anywhere and that we were fine how we were but my stubbornness had rubbed off on him and he refused to take no for an answer.

I knew he wasn't ready to jump from the occasional kiss on the cheek to full on sex. I came up with the idea of having him tell me when he felt overwhelmed. Needless to say, we hadn't gone any further than some heavy kissing and the both of us being shirtless before he worked himself into a frenzy and passed out.

I knew he felt guilty for being so shy and nervous around me. I always tried to make it clear that it didn't bother me. I actually enjoyed the innocence of our relationship. I was content with spending the rest of my life living like this. We both found joy in staying up all night talking about the future or the newest scientific discovery. Nothing in the world could change how I felt about him and I knew he felt the same towards me.