Chapter Nine

Ryder's POV

Ivory got out from under the covers and smiled. "I'm going to take a bath." She walked into to the bathroom. I quickly got up and followed her. She looked in the mirror and gently touched her sides. Bruises were starting to form from me grabbing her waist. "I did that." I whispered. She looked at me. "I'm like my father. I hurt you."

She walked over to me and hugged me. "No. You are not like him. This was an accident and it was out of love. You're not like him." I clenched my jaw. "I hurt you. I hurt you Ivory. I fucking hurt you." She grabbed my hand and led me to the bathtub.

She turned the water on and climbed in, waiting for me to get in. I climbed in with her and stared at her hips. "Ryder, look at me. They don't hurt, I promise. You didn't do it intentionally. Plus I kinda like em." She said with a light smile. "I knew you were kinky." She straddled my waist, wrapping her legs behind my back. I rested my hands on her waist and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

She looked at me. "You have no reason to be sorry. And if it makes you feel any better, you have little scratches on your biceps from me." I looked down at my arms and sure enough there were little scratches. I chuckled and shrugged. "I like them." She smirked. "I knew you were kinky." She said in a mocking tone. I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "So, your tournament is tomorrow?" She asked. I nodded and rested my head in the crook of her neck. "Yeah, it's an all day thing. You can come if you want." She giggled. "I was going to go anyways."

We sat in the bath for another good twenty minutes before getting out.

Ivory was in some joggers and one of my shirts, laying down in bed. She looked exhausted. I smiled and laid down next to her. She looked up at me before collapsing against my chest. I rubbed her back and checked the time. It was eight o'clock.

"I'm going to try and go to sleep kitten. You should to. We have to be up early tomorrow. She nodded as I turned off the lamp, leaving the room completely dark.

The next morning, I woke up to Ivory jumping on me. I grunted and opened my eyes. Ivory was straddling me with a content smile on her face. I placed my hands on her hips and looked up at her. "Good morning." I looked over at the clock.

5:45 in the morning.

"Come on. You have to be there by 6:30." I rolled us over and placed a soft kiss on her lips before heading to the bathroom.

By the time I was done, it was only 5:55. I already had all my equipment packed and ready to go in my bag. I was already in my uniform and ready to go.

I looked over at Ivory and she was wearing high wasted shorts with a shirt that had been made by her. It was our team colors blue and white. Her shirt was tie dyed blue and white with my number on the front and back with my last name across her back. She French braided her hair and pulled it over her shoulder. She looked up at me and gave me a soft smile. "Ready to go kick ass?" She asked. I threw my head back and laughed. "You bet I am baby girl."

Ivory slipped on her old, white, best up converse and flashed me a smile. "Let's go big boy."

***

When we arrived, my coach allowed Ivory to sit on the bench and hand out waters to the players. I walked over to her and placed a kiss on her lips. "I'll talk to you after the game. I love you." She blew me another kiss as I jogged off out onto the field to warm up when I heard her yell. "I LOVE YOU!" I smiled and began to focus on the game.

I ran towards the ball and blasted it into the net, warming up my leg.

***

It was our first break of the tournament, and we had about two hours to do as we pleased. I walked over to Ivory and pulled her into my sweaty arms. She didn't even care that I was sweaty, she just wrapped her arms around my neck a hugged me. "It's two o'clock already. I'm guessing you're hungry?" I nodded and she smiled. "Well come on. Let's go get you something healthy to eat before your next game." I chuckled and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. "We have like three more games. And then hopefully another one later tonight, which would be the championship game."