Chapter Three

Ivorys POV

"Get off of me!" I yelled at Ryder. He chuckled and stood up. "Buttmunch." He scrunched his face up. "Kitten."

We sat there in my room for a while, not talking or doing anything. "Hey Ives?" I looked up from my phone and shifted my gaze on him. "Yeah?" He frowned. "Why did we stop hanging out?" I shrugged. "You found some new friends and went on to soccer and we just kinda grew apart."He gave me a sad smile. "I'm sorry Ives. I never wanted us to grow apart." He wrapped his arms around me and held me in a big for minute.

"So how come you finally asked your parents to let you play soccer?" I sighed. "I was tired of them pushing me around." He nodded.

"Thank you by the way." I raised my eyebrows. "For what?" He chuckled. "For helping me." I shrugged. "It was no big deal." He smiled. "So where are your mom and dad?" I waved my hand in the air. "Probably working." He locked over at the clock on my wall. "It's one in the morning." I nodded. "Yeah. Hey do you want anything to drink?" He shook his head. "I'm good."

"So?" He asked, looking around my room. I did the same and saw a picture of us two when we were little. He smiled. "Would you look at that? It's little us." I nodded. "Yeah. I think we were four or five." He cracked his knuckles. "Um yeah." He looked over at me. "Hey, are you okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I'm okay."

"I think we should go to sleep." He said with a yawn. I nodded my head. "Do you want some pajamas? I can go grab sweats and shirt of my dad's." He smiled. "I'll take the sweats." I quickly walked to my parents room and grabbed sweats. "You can change in my bathroom." He nodded before walking into the bathroom.

I pulled my shirt over my head and changed into an over sized shirt with long pajama pants with pandas on them. Ryder walked out shirtless.

"You can sleep on the bed, just stay on your side." He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Yes ma'am." When he was all set in bed, I turned the light off. I climbed into my bed, cuddling under the nice warm covers. "Goodnight Ry bread." He let out a soft laugh. "Night Ives."

***

"Do you think they slept together?" I heard my best friends voice. "No, all of their clothes are still on." I flipped them off. "Get out." They chuckled before I heard my door close.

I was face to face with Ryder. His eye was bruised still, but his face looked content. His breaths were deep and even. I smiled. It was then that I realized his arms were around my waist, holding me close to him. "Ives go back to sleep." He mumbled. "We have friends here that think we slept together." He opened his crystal blue eyes and yawned. I scrunched up my nose.

"Your breath smells." He chuckled. "Well yours doesn't smell to good either." I lightly touched the bruise on his eye then the one on his cheek. "Does it still hurt?" He nodded. "Yeah, my lip feels a little swollen." I looked down at it. "It is. How's your side?" He shrugged. "It's sore." I pulled away from him. "I have extra toothbrushes in my bathroom, I'm going to go downstairs really quick."

He smirked. "Okay kitten." I stuck my tongue out at him. "Go brush your teeth buttmunch." I walked downstairs and saw Cody and Jackie sitting on my couch. "Hey Cody. I hope you brought twenty dollars because I believe I won the bet." He grabbed his wallet and handed me twenty dollars. I smiled.

"You guys know it's twelve right?" I shrugged. "We were up late last night." Both Jackie and Cody smirked. I, on the other hand, am very confused. "What did I say?" Ryder was smirking as well. "You wouldn't get it. You're just an innocent little kitten." I rolled my eyes. "You all suck. I'm going to go change now."

I went back upstairs and closed my door so I could change. I pulled my shirt off and the door opened. I turned around and saw Ryder. He scratched the back of his neck. "I'm sorry! I thought you were in the bathroom." He quickly closed the door, leaving me to change.

I shook my head and changed into my swim suit before throwing on another over sized shirt. After I brushed my teeth, I grabbed my phone and hurried downstairs. No one was inside, but I did hear music coming from out back.

Ryders POV

I was sitting on the stairs of the pool, waiting for Ivory to come join us. Cody and Jackie were busy wrestling in the water. When the back door opened, I looked and saw Ivory. She pulled her shirt off revealing her very muscular legs and toned, flat, stomach. She had nice curves.

I averted my gaze to the water. She ran and jumped in the pool. I smiled at her as she clung on to Jackies back. I swam over to them and chuckled as Cody tried to get Ivory off of Jackie. "Don't just stand there dude. Get Ivory off of her back." He said in a determined tone. I placed my hands on Ivorys waist and began tickling her. She squirmed and let out loud barks of laughter.

Cody clapped. "Get her!" I pulled her off of Jackie and pulled her against me. Her back was pressed to my chest. "Well hey there buttmunch." I chuckled and held her against me, kinda liking the way it felt.

We were now all sitting in donut tubes.

"I can't belive it's already January." Ivory whispered. "What are you doing tomorrow?" I asked her. "Probably nothing." I nodded. "We should do something." She nodded.

"Okay." The back door opened and out came Ivorys parents. "Hi Cody, Jackie." Her mom said sweetly. She looked at me. "Who is this Ivory?" I lifted my head up. "Hi Mrs. Jenkins. Long time no see." She smiled. "Ryder? How are you? We haven't seen you in ages!" I chuckled. "I know. I've been training Ivory for soccer, so you will see a lot of me." She looked at her daughter.

"Ivory come in the house please." Ivory excused her self and quickly grabbed a towel before running inside. After a couple of minutes I heard shouting. "Poor Ivory." Jackie whispered. Cody nodded. "Her parents are so fucking strict." Ivory came back outside, tears threatening her eyes. "You guys have to leave, I will see you later." She rushed back inside.

***

I quietly walked upstairs, making sure not to let Ivorys parents hear me. I opened her bedroom door and saw a crying Ivory. "Kitten?" She looked up at me, sniffling. "Hey buttmunch." I gave her a soft smile. "Are you okay?" She nodded. "Y-yeah." I rolled my eyes. "What happened?" She close her eyes tight, trying to hold back tears. "They said I would be a no good, waste of space if I continue soccer. Am I a waste of space Ryder?"

I sat down and held her against my chest. "Your parents are assholes." She sobbed into my chest. "I'm sorry. You should go." I rubbed her back. "I'm not going to leave you." She pulled away from me. "It's Saturday. Go out with your friends." I shook my head. "My friends are stupid." I lightly laughed. "I don't want to be here." She whispered. I stood up and held my hands out. "Come on."

"Put on some sweats and a tank top. Bring your cleats." She raised her eyebrows but didn't question me. I changed into the shorts and shirt I was wearing yesterday.

"Ryder, where are we going?" I smirked and grabbed her hand, trying to get her out of the house.

"If you won't kick your dad's balls, you might as well take some anger out on some soccerballs."