Chapter Thirty-Five, News

Aphmau's Pov__________
Another sunny morning in the village of Phoenix Drop. The coronation last night was fun but tiring too.

I had a conversation with Zoey today at the safe hold.

"Zoey! I know this is pretty late to ask but, why did you came back so early? I thought you were staying at your cousin's for one week?" I started.

Zoey smiled. "Oh come on Aphmau, I don't want to miss Levin Coronation you know! Since sometimes I am his mentor when Visher is busy. Him and Malachi really grow up so, so fast. You too you know."

I smirked. "Heh, time goes by so fast. Since I am older than both of them."

"Hey, About that... Does Garroth know when your birthday is?"

"My Birthday? Wow, I've been so busy I actually almost forgot about that. But I'm guessing no. Don't tell him, okay?"

"Why not? I mean you are in a relationship with him and engaged.."

"I don't have a relationship with him, you know. We're still not engaged yet too."

"I knew that. But are you waiting for him to make it official? And real?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, not an 'arranged marriage' but something real? Everyone knows that you both had feelings for each other. I mean, who would not fall for him? He's extremely hot. (I hear fangirls agreeing)"

"Wow, Zoey, do you like him?"

"Of course not. He's yours. I would not like someone to go between you guys *cough* my ship *cough*. Especially Laurance. *cough* Aaron too *cough*."

"I can hear you Zoey. And no, I do not have feelings for Aaron. He's my friend, Zoey. And Laurance.." I stopped.

Laurance? Me falling for Laurance?

Are you sure? A voice on my head said. Yes, I am sure..I guess..

Flashback~
As Laurance and I walk back to get ready for the coronation, I heard Laurance mumbling.

"I knew I should have kissed you when you were in my arms."

I heard it loud and clear. I decided ignore it. As we walk, I heard Laurance's footsteps stopped. I turned around, and saw Laurance's face only a few inches away.

"L-Laurance? What are you doing?" I said backing away, but as I took every step back, he slowly walks towards to me.

As I was pinned into a tree, he held my arms and leaned in. He signed amd asked. "Aphmau...Do you think....I have a chance to win your heart?"

I gulped. I didn't know what to do or what to say. "...I guess..." I replied. He let go of me and smirked. "You'll be mine someday, princess."

"Aphmau?" Zoey said as she waved her hands in my face.

I blinked and looked at her. "Oh..Yes Zoey?"

She gave me one of her curious stares as she tried reading my mind. "Aphmau...What happened? You have that worried face on."

I put on my fake smiles and said, "I'm ok, Zoey. Don't worry."

Huh, so this is what it feels like, to hide your emotions and put on a mask-a smile.

I always wonder why when you are little and you cried then you make it louder so people can calm you and comfort you.

And now, you decided to hide those emotions so people won't worry about you.