Chapter Twenty-Eight, Secret Shadow Knight

As the sun rises at Phoenix Drop~...

Laurance's Pov
Here I am, sitting beside Sasha at Zoey's little room.

As Zoey heals Sasha, Sasha was having a hard time breathing. Zoey came close to me and sat at another chair.

"Laurance, her wound is to deep. Her life is 50/50, to be alive or ending in her death.."

"Is there anything you can do? Or I can do?"

Zoey went silent for a few seconds and then spoke.

"Sacrifice yourself. Give her all your blood and it's positive she will be alive, but if you did....farewell my friend."

"I'll do i--"

"Hold yourself Laurance, we are still not sure of her condition. What even happened..?"

"I was patrolling by the old gusrd tower until I heard screaming. I ran inside, and saw Travis stabbed Sasha and he was holding a potion, that I think Sasha made for him. I attacked him and was able to pin him down at the floor, until Aphmau came and misunderstood. She taught I was about to kill Travis, and she didn't even saw Sasha bleeding.." As I said that, tears start to form and one rolled down my face.

"Laurance....it's just misunderstanding..it's not your fault.."

"Zoey, it's just...it's hard to take in that inside of me is a monster yet Aphmau accepted me and now, i'm just a dark nightmare.."

"Laurance, it's Travis' fault. You don't hav--"

I stood up, and walked away.

I can't take this anymore.

I'm stupid.

I'm an idiot.

I'm a monster.

"Laurance..Wa--"

I left the house and went back to mine to pack my things. Aphmau may want me to leave in three days, I'm just gonna leave right here, right now.

Goodbye Phoenix Drop.

Goodbye my love.

Zoey's Pov
"Laurance...Wai--"
I was cut off with Sasha holding my wrist.

"...S-Stop.." Sasha said as she coughs blood.

"S-Sasha!" I said as I grabbed a piece of cloth and covered her mouth in order to not cough blood anywhere.

"Sasha! You're awake! Can you sit up?" I held her hand and help her sat up at the bed.

"T-Thank you, I appreciate it.." She said as she holds her wounded waist.

"Huehuehue....that scumbag...I shouldn't have gave him the stupid potion and haven't let my guard down.." She chuckled.

"What potion? Can you tell me what happened?"

"Look, that freaking scumbag Travis wanted a potion that can change a person's mind. He told me a little bit about his plan about changing the Lord's mind to marry him instead of the Prince of O'khasis. It's not even fair I had to do the stupid work making that potion to him while he just gave it to the Lord. How adorable. Ugh, he even fooled me about saving my shadow knight friends. How silly of me. Pssh."

"But why..?"

"Er, must be to be with Aph forever. It's unbelievable that you guys got fooled by his puny kindness. That douchebag is a stupid actor you know."

"How did you know...?"

"Travis is a shadow knight."

Aphmau's Pov
Travis is now being healed by Donna, I guess Zoey is healing Sasha.

I was upstairs at Levin's house. As I go down I heard Zoey and saw Laurance barging out of the door.

I hid by the stairs and wauted until Laurance left the house. I was about to go down Zoey's room when,

"Huehuehue....that scumbag...I shouldn't have gave him the stupid potion and haven't let my guard down.."

I listened a while until I heard what Sasha said.

"Travis is a Shadow Knight."

What....

Oh my Irene....

"What?! Tell me exactly what happened." Zoey said.

"Well...Fine.

Yesterday at Midnight, I was enjoying the night of how beautiful the stars were. Until it was ruined by that idiot. He came barging in, held my hair then pulled me down at the ground. He held his sword up to my face. He said he wanted a potion as I said earlier, as I start making the potion he was humming.

~~~~~~~~~~
Counting Stars
One Republic
~~~~~~~~~~

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby I've been, I've been praying hard
Said no more counting dollars will be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

That was all be said, and I think it refers to someone.

I gave him the potion then he suddenly tied me.

We had a deal, I give him the potion, he saves my friends. But No, he tricked me. He...HE USED ME AS A TOY! HOW DARE HE! THAT FREAKING SCUMBA--"

I ran to Sasha and smack her.

"A-Aphmau!!?"

"Long Story Zoey. Now where's Laurance?!"

"I don't know Aphmau, I'm sorry!"

I ran outside and looked at Laurance's house. I saw a letter and it said,

"Get your precious and nice Shadow Knight friend if you want him to be alive.

I know that you have known my plan, and I want you to marry me, Aphmau.

Yes or No, it will happen. Your father will drink it in any seconds right now.

Find Me if you want, you'll see your Laurance either screaming in pain or seeing his pale body on the ground.

Good luck my love.

~Signed."

No...

What have I done...

"....LAURANCE!......"

I shouted and cried with pain.. I regret everything that I have done to him...

Laurance..I'm sorry...I didn't know..