Part 13: Embarrassment and teasing

/Laxus's p.o.v./

I was walking to the guild the next day debating if I should go check up ok Freed again. It was really early morning, but I decided to just head to the guild seeing as though I didn't have anything better to do.

"Hey Laxus." Bixlow said joining me as we walked.

"Good morning guys." Evergreen said joining me on my other side.

"Morning." I replied simply as we got closer to the guild.

Something feels off. Something's missing, and I know who that something is. I sighed and looked down.

"I'm sure he's fine." Evergreen said like she read my mind. "Freed knows we all still care about him." She gave a small smile, and I could tell there was a hint of doubt behind it.

"Yeah don't worry the thunder legion will never be broken up." Bixlow added.

"I know I'm not worried." I lied, but I couldn't let them see me being weak. I had to stay strong to give them hope. I just hope he really will be ok.

"Right." Evergreen chuckled slightly seeing through my lie, but she didn't go into it further.

I opened the doors to the guild, and we all walked in. I widened my eyes slightly when I saw Freed and (y/n) sitting at the bar chatting happily with Mira, team Natsu, Alex, and Canna. And he was smiling...

I couldn't help but smile to.

"But freee-eeed." (Y/n) whined. "Can't you just tell me what it is now."

"No it's a surprise. You'll just have to wait." He chuckled.

"Ugh you're killing me here!" She spun in her stool dramatically, and pouted.

"Don't be so dramatic." He sighed poking her nose playfully, causing her pout to break into a giggle. "You'll find out soon enough."

"Ok ok I'll try to be patient." She sighed.

"I have to excuse myself for a minute." He got up from his stool, and walked into the restroom.

(Y/n) saw us standing in the doorway. "Hey guys!" She greeted happily, and we joined them at the bar.

/your p.o.v./

Laxus and the other members of the thunder legion sat down with us.

"Freed is sure in a better mood today." Evergreen pointed out.

"Yeah." Mira giggled happily. "Probably because I sent (y/n) over yesterday to cheer him up."

"Mira!" I scolded her. My cheeks turn a slight pink. "Don't say it like that it makes it sound... Bad."

"Oooh!" Bixlow said teasingly. "Of course it was little (y/n) who would 'cheer him up'"

I felt my face burn redder. "No nothing like that happened!"

"Awe is my little cousin getting embarrassed?" Alex joined in the teasing.

"Shut up." I told him sternly. "And stop calling me little."

"You are so cute, there's nothing to be embarrassed about." Mira added.

"It was just a kiss ok?!" I blurted, but then automatically covered my face with my hands.

"Awe." All the girls, even Cana, cooed. Mira seemed to do more of a squeal.

Freed came back, and I hid behind him. "Freed make them stop." I begged, but he was too distracted by the death glare Alex was giving him.

"You better not hurt her." Alex said protectively.

"Uh..." Freed replied.

"Calm down Alex there's no need to get all protective." I tried to calm him.

"I know, but I can't help to want to protect my wittle cousin." He pulled me into a tight hug, and ruffled my hair.

"Hey hands off the hair!" I shouted struggling out of his bear hug. "And I told you to stop calling me little."

"Sorry but you just so darn cute, the way you act all innocent." He smiled.

I used my wind to flip a table, and it hit his straight on, knocking him out cold. And magically it was like all the teasing in the room stopped, and was replaced by a small fear, except for Erza who nodded approvingly, and Gray and Natsu laughed historically happy it wasn't them being hurt this time.

I smiled and couldn't help feeling thankful for all my friends.

-&-

"I don't want to wear a blindfold." I told freed.

"It will make the surprise more enjoyable." He explained.

"But what if I run into something, and hurt myself?" I asked.

"I'm not gonna let that happen." He assured me as he tied the thick ribbon around my eyes, rendering me unable to see. "Come on (y/n) don't you trust me."

"Fine." I agreed crossing my arms. "But if I fall I'm gonna be mad at you."

He chuckled. "You'll be fine." I felt him take my hand, and his arm wrap around my waist as he carefully led me somewhere.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Well if I told you, than it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it?" He sighed. "Watch your step." He led me for a little longer until we stopped. "Wait there for a second."

I could smell the ocean, and feel the salty air, so I figured we were near, but it sounded at somewhat of a distance, so maybe not on the beach. I heard some shuffling and then his voice came again.

"Ok take your blindfold off." He told me.

I took off my blindfold to be met with the beautiful sunset that stretched along the sky. A mixture of pink yellow and orange filled the sky, and reflected off the ocean. It was beautiful, and I couldn't help, but be put in a slight trance.

"The top of the guild has one of the best views I magnolia." Freed explained. I turned to see him standing by a small table set with a meal.

"Freed this is..." I felt like my breath had been taken away. "No one's ever done anything like this for me before."

"Erza and Cana helped me, so I shouldn't take all the credit." he looked down and blushed slightly. "I know it's cliché, but..."

I hugged him tightly. "I love it thank you freed!"

He wrapped his arms around me. "Glad you like it." He smiled, and pulled me closer. "I love you." He muffled into my hair.

I stiffened slightly surprised by the Sudden confession. I didn't know how to respond at first, but then I relaxed and smiled. "I love you to Freed."

Hey guys here's a new chapter sorry if it was bad, but I don't have any ideas left really so.... Yeah I think the next chapter will be the last one. Sorry. Vote and comment, bye!
                                 -Hannah😋