Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Caught

Jeremy returned from the bathroom. His hair looked a mess, but his face had gone back to normal color. "Are you okay?"

"Fine." Jeremy smiled kindly, taking a drink of his, now, cold coffee. "Ready to go?"

Brianna nodded her head and got up from the booth. She followed Jeremy out of the coffee shop and back to the car. They both got in and strapped themselves in. "Where to now?"

Brianna pondered the thought in her head. Where could they go? This town isn't exactly huge with a ton of things to do, nor is it little. "Could be possibly go to those line of shops in main street?"

"Of course." Jeremy started the car and pulled out of the parking lot, heading towards main street.

Once they got there, he pulled the car next too a curb and they got out. Different shops lined the street: clothing and shoe stores, bicycle repair, ice cream and yogurt shops. "How about the clothing store?" Jeremy offered.

"Okay." Brianna agreed, walking ahead of Jeremy towards the store. She pulled open the door and it simultaneously made a 'ding' noise.

She browsed through the stacks of graphic tees and jeans; she was now looking through the clearance rack. Two shirts had caught her attention. The first one read, 'You mad bro?' and the second tee said, 'I ain't even mad.'

"We should get those."

She jumped at the sudden voice behind her. Brianna whipped around and was met with Jeremys' towering figure. "You scared me!" She squealed.

"Oops, sorry." He smiled, cheekily. "What I was saying is that we should get those shirts." He pointed to the to t-shirts she had taken an interest to.

"Are you sure?" Brianna asked. She really hated when people spent their money on her.

"Absolutely." He grinned, pulling them off the rack.

By the time they were done, they had both gotten some jeans and shorts, the red and black t-shirts and a graphic tee or two.

"Anywhere else?" Jeremy asked, getting a better grip on the bags he insisted her carried.

"If you don't mind, could we stop at the shoe store." Brianna asked quietly.

"Sure thing." He nodded with a broad smile on his handsome face.

Brianna beamed, bolting down the sidewalk towards the shoe store, leaving Jeremy in her dust. He chuckled at her childish action and walked contently after her.

This was one of the reasons Jeremy liked Brianna, she was average. She wore t-shirts and jeans with converse, not skimpy skirts and crop tops that barely covered a girls chest. She wasn't the most confident person in the world, nor was she the shyest.

Jeremy pushed the glass door open and he spotted Brianna at the converse section. He laughed lightly and jogged over towards her. She had a pair of plain black converse, a multi-colored pair and a black and pink pair sat out in front of her. "Which ones do you like?"

Jeremy stared at the shoes in front of him and tried to picture was Brianna would look like in each pair. "The multi-colored ones."

"Good, cause I like those." She smiled brightly, putting the lids back on the boxes and putting them all away except the multi-colored pair.

They mad their way to the front counter and paid for the shoes and left the store. Jeremy put the clothes in the backseat and Brianna kept the shoes up in the passenger seat with her. They buckled themselves in. Right when Jeremy was about to pull out, his phone rang in his pocket.

He sighed but pulled the phone out and pressed it too his ear. "Hi mom... The main street shops, why?... Now?.... But-.... Whatever. I'll see you later." He let out a frustrated groan and slid his phone back into his pocket.

"Everything okay?" Brianna asked worriedly.

"Mom wants me home. My aunt, uncle and cousins are visiting and they want me to see them before they leave." Jeremy explain with a disappointed tone.

"Oh." She said, disappointment in her own tone.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"It's okay, Jeremy." She smiled understandingly.

"So, where do you live?"

Brianna sort of froze in her spot, "Um..."

"Well?" Jeremy urged.

"You know what, I can just walk home." Brianna offered.

"Nonsense." Jeremy shook his head, "Now, tell me where you live."

"B-"

"No buts." He interrupted her. She sighed shakily and ran a hand through her long, black hair. What are the odds her dad will come back home while Jeremy is dropping her off? She sighed once more before giving him the address.

"Thats more like it." Jeremy smiled, patting her leg.

They pulled into her parking lot, her dads car was still no where to be found. "Thanks for today, Jeremy." She smiled shyly.

"You're welcome." He replied, smiling back at her.

"It was pretty fun." She admitted, shielding her face with her hair.

"Really?" He asked, shocked. He thought it was a shit day because they didn't get to do much, but being with Brianna was worthwhile for Jeremy.

"Yeah. It's the most I've really gotten out in-"

Suddenly, she herd a door slam, hard.

She whipped her head up, dreading to see the view in front of her.

Standing on her porch, red and mad in the face, Briannas' father.