Chapter Four

Chapter Four: Football Field

Brianna awoke the next morning to her alarm going off, loudly. She pressed the off button, and attempted to roll over on her back, but stopped herself, the memories front last night flooding back into her mind.

Another day in hell. She sighed. Brianna removed herself from her warm, safe, bed, and went over to her dresser. She pulled out an 'Old Navy' T-Shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, a green 'Monster' Hoodie, a pair of underwear, and a pair of green socks to match. She laid them out on her bed and went into her bathroom.

She looked into the mirror at herself. Her long hair in raged tangles. She looked down to both of her wrists. Gauze was still wrapped around them. She sighed, and lightly pealed them off. Her cuts were scabbed over, but still, in a way, looking fresh. She tossed the gauze into the trash bin. She stripped off her clothes, and tossed them onto the floor in a heap.

Brianna then turned on the shower, making it hot and steamy. She stepped in, and let the hot water relax her muscles. She lathered her hair in apple shampoo and conditioner, and rinsed it out. She then lathered her body in coconut body wash.

Brianna turned off the water and stepped out. She wrapped a towel around her hair and body. She brushed her teeth, and blow dried her hair and brushed it out. She walked out of her bathroom, and into her room. She took off her towel and put on all of her clothes.

She went over to the corner of her room, and grabbed her converse, and put them on. She grabbed her phone off her stand. Her books were still at school.

Brianna slowly opened her door, and walked out, shutting it behind her. No noise could be herd except for the faint sounds of the TV downstairs playing. She walked down the steps, and to to the front door. She looked over to the living room, and saw her dad passed out on the couch. A beer can laying on his chest, and a half drunk bottle of beer in his hand. She shook her head and left the house.

The wind blew rapidly. The tree whipping around. Dead leaves flew around in a heap. The cold wind sent chills done Brianna's back. She tugged up her hoodie, and made sure her sleeves stayed low.

As she approached the school the sound of laughing, and talking could be herd from the kids standing outside talking. Brianna didn't have anyone to talk and laugh with. She couldn't even remember the last time she laughed and smiled.

***Lunch***

Brianna went through the lunch line, and exited on the other side. She hated lunch. This is a place where she knew she was unwanted. She sighed, and headed over to a clear table and sat down on the edge. She sat there with her elbow on the table and her head in her hand. Her other hand had her fork in it and was fiddling with the lettuce leafs that made up her salad.

"Hey there, loner." Someone said. She looked up to see Meagan with her group of friends. Brianna ignored them and just fiddled with her uneaten lunch.

"Aren't you going to talk to me like you did yesterday? Your such a wimpy bitch, ya know?" That caused her friends her friends to giggle.

"Leave me alone, Meagan. I told you that yesterday." Brianna mumbled, shifting uncomfortably on the cold, hard bench.

"So you do have a voice. Who would have thought. So, that's all you got for me?" Meagan taunted. Brianna said nothing. "Look at me when I talk to you, nerd!" Meagan squealed.

Brianna shot Meagan a hateful look. This made Meagan mad. She went on the side of where Brianna sat, and grabbed her by the sleeve of her shirt, and pulled her off the bench, and slammed her against the hard, concrete wall.