Night Falls Around Me (On Hold)

• Dedicated to Ericka Beckmann

Stay awake. Stay awake. Stay awake. The only thought racing through my head as the darkness circled around me. Night flooded through my room and swallowed the light.

He's coming for me. He promised. The darkness crept around my bed just tickling my toes. Clenching my teeth to hold in the scream building in my throat I pulled my legs to my chest.

"Adrian," I call out into the bleakness. The only reply is the sound of trees scraping against the window. Darkness wrapped it's tendrils around my throat and now I allow my self to scream.

But my scream is muffled by a thick rope of black. It  of corpses and tastes like blood. Slimy to the touch my hands struggle to free myself. Heart racing I scream and thrash against the night.

And then I was free. I watched as the tendrils fell from me and quickly retreated into the shadows.

"Miss me?", said a deep voice from the doorway. I smile and turn.

"Adrian!" I yell as I tackle him into a hug. His deep chuckle vibrated through us. I pull back to look at him. His green eyes were feverish and wicked. Dark hair fell in front of his eyes making him

devilishly sexy. His lips quirked up in a smirk that made him look like he had a delicious secret. It's hard to believe that he is in fact a Guardian of Light. More like the Satan's hot brother.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said laughing. I slapped his chest laughing with him.

"I wouldn't have had to miss you, if you I don't know maybe called me in 4 years you were gone!?" I growled at him, anger quickly replacing the joy and relief his homecoming had brought on.

Adrian looked me in the eyes, hypnotizing me."You know damn right that I wasn't allowed any contact with you,"he hissed at me, his face hard. My anger evaporated as fast as it had come.

"I'm sorry. Can we just be glad that you're home?" I whispered, pleading in with my eyes. His face softened and he leaned closer towards my face. My breath hitched.

"Of course." he paused,"Now did you want to get some sleep tonight? Because if so it would be my honor to assist you."

I nodded eagerly. He smirked at started to remove his leather jacket, revealing his rocking abs. My mind raced back to the lanky, awkward 13 year old Adrian that had left me 4 years ago.

Eyes wide."Umm, what are you doing? And why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

He chuckled," You think I'm just going to let you sleep alone? I'm tired too, and besides the darkness can't put a tendril on you with me next to you."

******

So obviously this chapter's not finished it's just a little preview for anyone who bothers to look me up. Let me know if I should finish!! And give me some feedback please!!!!! I'm not really sure about where I'm going with this story... I was just bored and had a BAD case of writer's back on my other project! And feel free to give me some ideas!!