Getting Ready for War - Chapter Thirteen

The days past in a breeze, I learned multiple new spells for fighting with magic and I made many new friends, not all of them human. But then the war was upon us, the king had found out that we took refuge in the deserts of Moharin and he sent his demon armies to fight us. I had just finished buckling up my armor when ICE ran into the room.
"Jasmine, can you put a flexibility spell on my armor." His words were more of a demand than a question since he knew I'd say yes anyway.
I bent down to where I was squatting infrount of his smaller form and I laid my hands on his shining silver armor.
"Flexibility, I do grant, what ever shape, may shape it again and again."
His armor took on a blue swirling color and didn't fade away.
"Try shifting." I told him and removed my hands from the armor.
He shifted into the form of a cat, the armor moving and growing to fit his slim body.
"Change back." I said and he did with the same results.
"Good job, see you in a little bit." He turned on his tail and walked right back out the door and I smiled.
He was so much like me.
I grabbed my belt and strapped it around my waist with my sword sheath, I grabbed my sword and slid it into it. Then grabbing my helmet I walked out the door to find Thoreth.

I found Thoreth in the smiths cave. He was pounding on a new sword which he finished and set down to cool as I walked in.
"Hi, I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you since we got here." He grunted and picked up a new bar of silver.
"I didn't know you were a forge." I said trying to get him to speak to me.
"It's a hobby." He said not looking up at me.
"If you don't want to talk then fine." I walked out of the room.
"Jasmine, I'm sorry." He paused and I paused in the doorway. "Please, come back."
I turned around, he had ceased his banging.
"Why do you not act the same to me?" My voice only but whispered and he looked up at me.
"Because I cannot." He looked down and I saw a tear run down his face. "I am afraid I will lose you or you lose me, and it will only make it harder." He looked up at me, tears in his eyes.
"Thoreth, why do you care for me so?" I asked him and I stepped forward.
He looked up at me slowly.
"Because we are soul mates."
I gasped and threw myself into his arms, knowing immediately it was true. He hugged me and his tears ran down from his face and onto my dark hair.
"I won't die, and neither will you!"
He pulled back and looked deep into my eyes, as I looked into his adorable chocolate puppy dog eyes then he leaned forward and put his lips directly onto mine.

My hand ran up his back and into his hair, his soft brown locks and I closed my eyes.
Moving my head down against his chest I looked down at the flames.
Then looking up at him I stepped back.
"I need to go."

_____________________

I stepped into my mother's room, she had sent Fredrick to tell me to come to her quarter's.
She had just finished buckling Jades armor, luckily the doors and hallways where large enough for the dragon to go in and out.
I closed the door behind me and she looked up into my eyes before finishing up buckling Jade's armor.
She stood up and I walked over to her.
"My darling I have something for you."
______

I left my mother's room and went to find ICE. It was almost time for the battle and I needed my Dragon if I was going to take part in it. My footsteps were not the only metal that clapped against stone, many others rushed past me as I walked into the main room where we would leave to battle.
ICE where are you?
I asked in my mind, pushing my thought into his head.
Coming.
I turned around and there he was, he was in a larger form now but not his biggest yet not his smallest. He was amazing too, his scales were the color of the sea which I missed dearly and the silver blue of his armor matched him perfectly.
He walked up to me and we walked up to the front doors where my parents where waiting.
I turned to face the crowd.
"People of the Rebellion, we will fight today for everything we believe in. For hope, for love,and for peace!"
I paused and they cheered. "We also fight for our land, our home, and our family's as they might live without there suffering one day, and one day soon. So I ask are you with me?!"
They all shouted in union.
"Are you with me?!"