Introducing the Dragon (or not) - Chapter Three

A lot of people are having trouble getting to chapter one and they start here due to some glitch... If that is you please try logging in on the website, logging out then back in, or even checking your settings, thanks!
------------

_________________________________________________________________________

Ice flew straight up, luckily his people had made a saddle for me to strap into before he left form his snowy home in Erectorus so I was holding on but at the same time having my first memory of flying, I knew there were more to come.

Then I thought to myself, what if they freak, what if they try to kill him!
"Ice you said your a shapeshifter right?" I asked him leaning towards his head.
"Yes." He turned his head so he could look me in the eyes.
"Could you shift into a smaller dragon so there no so freaked out?" I asked him.
"Yes, when we get closer." He had study's maps for nights, hoping it would help find me and now I was glad for it because all I had to do was tell him my villages name and "snap" he knew right where it was, said he had photogenic memory. He set down in a clearing about two minutes later and I hopped off his back, including myself from the saddle.
"Will the saddle shrink with you?" I asked him curiously.
"Yes, it's part of my magic... our magic." He slowly began to shrink until he was small enough that he could probably sit on my shoulder.
"Is that better?" He asked and I laughed. Apparently his size wasn't the only thing that changed because his voice now took on a squeaky ring to every word.
"Much." I laughed again and he chuckled.
"Best be going." He flew up off the ground and landed on my shoulder. I started walking, we had left a mile between us and the town, I promised I could walk it and I could and would.
"What is it like?" I asked him.
"What is what like?" He purred in my ear and I playfully flicked his tail.
"You know... being a Dragon." He laughed.
"I don't know, what it like being a human magic bearer?" I gasped at that.
"How did you know?" But I knew the answer, because of the bond.
"I can feel it in everything you do." I smiled. "You know as the bond grows our powers will grow too, soon you will be able to shift." I gasped again.
"Really?" My mouth was wide open.
He touched my nose with his reptilian paw. "Shh, were here." I looked up to see we were standing at the beginning of my village, which wasn't much just a small stone wall surrounding it and a wooden plank with the town's name; Durathion.
I walked under the plank and officially in the village for the first time since turning sixteen. We kept walking for two minutes untill we came in sight of the village's community garden which was decorated with color and the whole village was there, well not all but that's another story.
Auntie Gin was the first to see us and I looked over to see ICE's scales had gone a blue green color with more green than blue.
"Are you okay?" I asked him, taking his small body in my hands and holding him so he faced me.
"Yes, just... you know nervous." He smiled with his sharp teeth and I laughed.
"Well you'll love them." I put him back on my shoulder and stepped into the garden where everyone was waiting to congratulate us.
"Oh Jazzy he's perfect what's his name?" It was then that I remembered that I was the only one who could talk to him.
"Everyone this is ICE, ICE meet everyone." I waved my hand at them all and the little kids, who were gaping at him ran forward.
"Oh Jazz can we play with him?" Sophia asked and I looked at him, not really wanting to part with him yet.
"Sophia Demark, you can play with him another time he just got here for heaven's sake!" I sighed as our neighbor Miss. Demark pushed the kids away from us she leaned in towards me as she passed.
"I got your back doll." She winked and walked away farther into the garden.
My mother and father had abandoned me at Auntie Gins doorstep when I was still a babe and no-one knew my heritage, not even me. But luckily Auntie Gin had fought to raise me as her own due to her inability to have any children of her own and she won against the council. Since then it was just like she was my mother but I still called her Auntie Gin. I walked farther into the garden and was congratulated multiple times before ICE decided he wanted to explore, saying he'd never had time to see grass and etc. I let him go reluctantly and made my way through the Apple trees of the garden. Then I circled one and my gaze fell on a boy. A boy a year older. A boy I knew too well but at the same time, time had changed it all. The boy sitting there was Thoreth.