Is It Really Him? - Chapter Five

"Thoreth?" I whispered and he turned around. He was wearing armor...kings armor and my heart fell, he was the only person aside from ICE that I would have told my secret. Would have. But he worked for the king and all knights were told to kill anyone who was using magic. Someone like me.
He rushed to me and fell to his knees. He was handsome, so handsome I almost wouldn't recognize him but his eyes ohh they were the same chocolate brown as they were three years ago. And I realized, I would always love him even if he was told to kill me... I mean it isn't his fault that the king is an evil power sucker.
"Jasmine." He grasp my hand and kisses it. "I have missed you." He looks up at me.
"You came back.." a tear falls down from my right eye and rest upon my cheek, he quickly stands up and gently wipes it away.
"Jasmine, your in danger the king he... he knows." He looks down.
"Thoreth... he knows what?" My voice was filled with panic and he looked up from the ground and into my eyes.
"He knows about your magic."
________________________________________
So who says Jasmine and Thoreth
are soul mates and who says
It's all a trick?
_______________________________________

Thoreth's POV (point of view)
Jasmine fell to her knees and she gasped for each breath as her blue black hair hide her face, her tears. I kneel down next to her.
"Jazzy, we need to go." I paused. "It's a twelve day ride from here to the Rebellions Camp, it's the only place you'll be safe." She looked up at me, red lining her eyes and her cheeks damp from the tears. She raised a fist up to her face and wiped off some of the remaining tears.
"How." She looked down. "How did he find out?"
"He could feel the bond strengthening the magic, I know because I've been undercover as his personal body guard for about a year now." I paused. "It was all to protect you."
Just then a little reptile dropped from the trees and ran in between the two of us. It hissed at me and turned to look at Jasmine, she picked it up and whispered in its ear. It turned to look at me and its silver little eyes squinted at me.
"This is Ice, he's my familiar." She smiled and I smiled too, she didn't know why though.
"We need to go, get your stuff." I helped her get up and we hurriedly ran out of the back gate to the garden. We ran to her house, which was in the eastern end of the village. She opened the door and looked down at me from the top step.
I nodded at her and she stepped into the all too familiar house.
_____________________________________________________________
Jasmine's POV
I shut the door lightly behind me and stepped into the house I had come to call home. It was all too soon, this couldn't be happening. I rushed into my room and quickly searched under my bed for my box. My box had my most precious items in it; the note from my parents (which I had never read), the marble seeing stone, the transport stone, and the necklace I had been wearing when I was found on Auntie Gina doorstep.
I threw my box stuff into a small bag and tied it around my ankle before putting my tracking boots on. I grabbed all the gold coins I had left from the shipwreck, the element stones, two pairs of traveling clothes and some provisions for the road and shoved them into my knapsack. I was wearing a blue dress with a dark blue cloak and I threw my bag over my shoulder. Looking at my room once more I knew this was it.
I excited the room and quickly wrote a note for Auntie Gin and Uncle Fin before exciting the house for good.
ICE who was waiting outside with Thoreth immediately flew up and onto my knapsack, he brushed aside the top flap and snuggled up right on the top with his head resting on my shoulder.
I looked up at Thoreth, where was his counterpart? They were usually always around there human counterpart.
"Where's your familiar?"
He looked up quickly.
"She is waiting in the woods for us, she wanted to hunt one last time before we leave."
He grabbed my hand and pulled my hand and me with it towards the forest, away from the ocean.
I looked back at it as we walked, it was home. The waves lapped up against the rocks and the sand, and if you looked hard enough you could see dolphins dancing in the sunset.
It was home and always would be but now I was with him and it really was him.