Finding ICE - Chapter Two

I pushed my way through the double doors and made my way into the Gem Pool, as I decided to call it. I wanted this moment to be special because it was and when my familiar came in through the cavern window that went out to the sea I wanted it to be my favorite moment, for it was a moment nobody could forget. I practiced my magic on the Gem Pools water and I pulled the water through the air. Ever since my first visit here I had practiced every time I was alone. I drew out my wand which was of course from the shipwreck, it helped me focus on my magic and I never left home without it but I did camouflage it as a knitting needle which I had a solid matching one that was always in my bag with it so if someone found it they wouldn't think "send her to the king.","off with her head.", and so forth because since five hundred years ago at the start of the Kings rule magic has been banned. The King was a soul eater, which meant he could eat souls and the more powerful they were the more years were added onto his life, his familiar was a fire serpent, a rare serpent dragon but it is also very dangerous due to its ability to inject someone with liquid fire which would slowly kill the person.
There was a splash about seventy miles out to sea, then another closer, and another even closer. I had trained myself to judge distance and I could easily see almost two-hundred miles away from me due to a special spell I put on myself at age thirteen, which I had accidentally said it backwards causing one eye to go blind before reversing it and saying the spell right. A good lesson learned. The splashes where closer, about twenty miles out and I could hardly contain my excitement. The splashes where huge and I had only about a minute left until the second it emerged.
__________ICE__________
A large blue head rose up out of the Water, silver horns decorated the head of the beast. Then I thought "this is my beast." A large silver eye turned to look at me and I felt an electric current run down my spine, the bond had been connected.
"Hello, I'm Jasmine." I offered a smile that I had been holding back all my life and he opened his mouth to speak.
"I am Icendur Moonshade, but you can call me ICE." His voice was like a melody but covered in a strength I had never heard, yet I loved it already.
"I like it, how are you so big aren't you only sixteen months?" I was in awe of him he was amazing, the most spectacular familiar I could ever want or see.
"I'm no ordinary dragon, I'm of the shapeshifter blood, the royal family of dragons from the North. And yet I am not the only spectacle that is here on this memorable day." I laughed at that.
"Would you like to go meet my village? They are all waiting for you, they throw a party when anyone gets there counterpart... it's like a birthday party."
"Birthday party?" His voice was filled with confusion.
"We celebrate the day you were born and call it our birthday." I laughed.
"Oh, we don't have birthdays in the north we have Yearly Parties so everyone is celebrated at the same time."
I laughed. "Do you think I could ride on your back to the village?"
He laughed a laugh that sounded almost like him growling.
"For you, anything."