θne

~

I walked into the room, my every action slow and precise; every action entirely intentional. I swayed my hips seductively to the tune of the song being played by the orchestra. It was classical music, but exotic and sultry as I headed straight towards the bar. It perfectly set the mood for the scene that was about to unfold.

Crystal chandeliers lit up the room, showing every single detail, every woman, every man, every civilian, every enemy.

This was a party, one where every man was of money and every woman thirsted for it regardless of what she claimed to feel. The air was thick with expensive perfume and cologne, the clothes were of the highest brands. Versace suits, editorial pieces from Dolce and Gabbana, Chanel handbags. Everything was elegant and regal, hiding the true brutality of this cartel that I had effortlessly infiltrated.

Oliver stood towards my left, a man of average stature who's tailor-made suit was tighter than it should have been. Two women stood at either side of him, both with generous breasts and even more generous derrières. He smiled at them, but I could tell that they were boring him by the void look in his eyes. He was the job, and it was my chance to swoop in for the kill.

I took a quick detour, walking extra slowly past Oliver. I slightly arched my back and pouted my lips ever slightly. I was to be sexy, mysterious and alluring. I had one chance to make this first impression.

In my peripheral vision I saw him turn his head towards my frame. I couldn't resist the smirk that made its way across my face. I might as well just call checkmate, he was like putty in my hands.

I slowly turned to look at him, raking my eyes up and down his body. It wasn't that spectacular, but he didn't have to know that I felt that way.

Looking straight into his eyes, I bit down on my bottom lip before turning on my heel and   continuing towards the bar.

I knew that I had caught his attention, I had witnessed that glimmer of light in his eyes when I acknowledged his presence. Now I  just had to wait.

Taking a seat, I summoned the bartender. "A shot of Šljivovica please."

I felt a presence arrive beside me. "You sure a girl like you can handle that?"

I turned to Oliver, my lips slightly parted. I had already won, I could taste victory on my tongue. "I guess we'll find out, won't we?"

He nodded. "We definitely will." He looked to the bartender. "Make that two."

He settled onto the seat beside me, adjusting his jacket nervously. What a joke. Who would believe that this man was responsible for trafficking millions of dollars worth of cocaine?

"What might your name be?" He asked with a sly smile.

My mind instantly flickered back to the false identity I had been given this month. "Rosetta."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

The bartender arrived with our drinks, and I downed my shot in less than a second. Oliver, however, appeared to struggle.

I waved the bartender over. "Please get us another round."

The bartender was faster then before, placing two shot glasses in front of us before Oliver had even finished his first. It was perfect.

My hand went to my earring where I retrieved a small pill, disguised among the clusters of pearls. I looked around to check that no one was watching, before dropping the pill into his second shot. It dissolved immediately.