CH4

We just stared at each other. He wasn't moving at all, like he was paralyzed or something. Who is this guy and what does he want?

"You're Pirate Monkey, aren't you," he asked. My nickname was Pirate Monkey because usually when I fight I'm always climbing on something like a monkey and also because of my name...

I didn't answer him. He just stared at me, waiting for me to respond. He sighed before he continued, "You're making this difficult for me."

I ran. Of course that gives him his answer. He wasn't running after me, instead he was flying toward me. I tried to run faster but it was no use. He grabbed my bag and I was being taken away.

I had too much information in there so I used my water powers and created this wall to separate us.

It worked but it wouldn't last long. I got my bag back and started running again. This time I hid behind a tree. It was really huge and wide enough to hide maybe three people.

Unfortunately that wasn't much of a hiding place. That guy found me and was about to attack me with his jitte. I was ready for it. In the distance I heard someone say 'Room' and then 'Shambles'.

Somehow I ended up next to Electrika. "W-what?" She put her hand on my shoulder to calm me down, then she pointed to that guy and...Trafalgar?

What did he think he was doing, he could be killed! He didn't look like he was hurt though.

Electrika lifted me up and grabbed my arm to run to that guy and Trafalgar. She got in between them and began talking.

"Mia, Trafalgar, this is my father, Smoker." What the hell? Was she serious? "Dad, leave my friends alone!"

He seemed angry and surprised at the same time. Electrika gave him this daring stare. "These two are your friends," he asked.

"Yes, now why are you here," she asked.

"To get her." He pointed at me.

"The World Government is looking for her and the Straw Hats and I finally found them," Smoker said.

Electrika punched her dad on top of his head. "You're an idiot! I found them first! Look, you let them go or else I'll electrocute you and I'll tell headquarters about how reckless you are."

He thought about it and finally decided to let Trafalgar and I go. "This won't happen the next time we meet," Smoker said.

Electrika sighed as her dad flew off. "Please excuse my father, he can be stupid sometimes. You aren't hurt are you Mia?"

"N-no." Trafalgar was though. I could see the blood. I needed to heal him right away.

"I-I can help you with your wound," I said. He looked at me before answering. "I can fix it my-"

"Let me help you," I yelled.

He agreed, grabbed my hand and ran to a nearby neighborhood. We walked into a house, I assume it was his. I had no time to waste, I had to heal him.

We walked over to his couch and sat down. He took off his shirt..... no time for fantasies Mia, focus. I began the healing process by simply placing my hands on his wound and using my water powers to heal him. He didn't look like he was hurt, but I knew there was some pain.

Because his wound wasn't too deep it was quicker and easier to heal him. He got up and walked upstairs. While he was up there I looked around his living room. It was so neat. I remembered I was at his house an immediately felt out of place. I've never been to anyone's house before. I guess it was time to leave so I got my bag and started heading out the door.

Trafalgar came back and stopped me. "There's no need to rush off. Stay for a little longer," he says. I couldn't possibly.

"B-but we have a t-test today," I said. He refused to let me go. I guess I could stay. I had some questions for him anyway.

We went back to his couch to sit down. "Are you hungry," he asked. How could I be hungry when a Marine was close to possibly killing me?

"L-lets just cut to the chase. H-how did y-you do w-what you did? D-do you have devil fruit powers?"

"Yeah I do. I ate the Op-Op fruit," he responded. Op-Op? That's the one Coby told me about. N-no way. I shot up and backed away from Trafalgar. If I wasn't careful he could rip me apart.

"What's wrong? Did I say something," he asks. He gets up from his couch and starts walking toward me. "N-no stay back! You'll rip me apart," I said.

He made a confused face then started laughing. "Who told you that, some screwed up weirdo," he asked. "I'm serious," I said. He stopped laughing, walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm not gonna rip you apart. I don't even rip people, I cut them. No need to worry, you're fine. I assume you have some questions for me."

I asked him everything I needed to know. An old friend of his gave him the Op-Op fruit. He creates this "room" and cuts people but doesn't kill them unless necessary.

He also told me that he's a doctor and his nickname is the Surgeon of Death...

"I see, so in a way you're the same as Luffy?" He nodded. I started to feel sick. "W-we should go back to school," I said. He agreed and we left.

When we got back, there was no point in going to class. There was only five minutes of school left. We waited outside.

"Oh Mia, thank you," he said. I got a little happy. "Next time you come over, I'll ask questions about you."

Not really listening I nodded my head and he smiled. School was over and everyone came out. I didn't know Trafalgar left until Luffy came to me. He picked me up and spun me around like I was a doll.

"I'm so glad you're safe," he said, "You didn't get hurt did you? Coby told me you disappeared after it was time for us to go back inside." I just looked at him. I didn't feel sick anymore.

"I'm fine," I said. It's so hard not to cry right now. We all went home and when we got there, I walked up to my room and shut the door. I laid on my bed and cried.

Someone came in. It was Luffy. He tickled me. "L-Luffy s-stop it." He didn't like seeing the people he cared about cry.

"Why are you crying," he asked. I couldn't tell him Smoker attacked me and Trafalgar today. I couldn't tell him I went to Trafalgar's house either.

"I just... felt sick," I replied. "Huh? Mia where did you run off too when it was time to go back inside," he asked. "I-I panicked. I..." I didn't know what to say. He just hugged me. Luffy hasn't hugged me like this, with meaning, in a long time.

"Luffy..." He wouldn't let me go so I went to sleep. I started dreaming again. This time I had a dream about Ace. He was so happy and he told me he loved me and Luffy. It was beautiful.

*                              *                           *

A couple months have passed and during those months Trafalgar and I got close. I didn't stutter as much around him and we even got to the point where we started holding hands and calling each other by a nickname.

I started to feel loved by someone other than Luffy and my friends. I felt loved by someone I thought could fill that void in my heart after Ace's death. That someone was Trafalgar Law.