“But that’s the thing,” she snapped. “He doesn’t ! And I know they totally belong together. Why else would such a random occurrence happen? It’s like one of those romantic comedies and I’m positive it’s meant to be. I’ve never been so sure of something in my life besides that one time.”

Groaning in slight deliria, Seth raised an eyebrow. “And when was that?” He asked.

She looked up at him through the edges of her eyelashes as the corner of her lips turned upwards in a shy smile. “When you proposed to me,” she murmured, “and I said yes.”

Of course, it was impossible for Seth to deny her after hearing something like that coming out of the mouth of his fiancée. “Oh goddamn it,” he cursed, which made Michelle squeal in joy that he had submitted himself as one of her many pawns.

“So then, what am I supposed to do?” He asked.

“Nothing at the moment,” she said. “We’re on standby until I see how L and C handle themselves, but you know, if Chase shows signs of straying off the path, guide him a little. And also, find out how he feels about seeing LaCienega for the first time and then report everything back to me. That’s your mission thus far. You got that?”

“Yes ma’am!” He barked, putting his hand up in salute.

Pete took that perfect moment to text Michelle back and she jumped up in excitement as she read out his message. “He says he’s with Krislynn and Chase and they’ll at the Alligator Snack Shop right now. Want to go pick them up?”

Seth nodded and hollered over at Jace who seemed to be explaining something to LaCienega, though by the look on her face, she didn’t seem to understand what he was talking about at all. “Hey J-man! We’re just heading over to get Chase and Pete. Be back in a bit, okay?”

Michelle cringed at the obvious T-shirt tan Jace had somehow managed to get and walked on ahead without Seth. “You know who he reminds me of?” She asked when Seth finally caught up to her. “Ross from Friends.”

Seth laughed and then waved when he saw Chase, Krislynn and Pete standing in front of the concession stand a moment after. “Sorry we’re so late,” Krislynn apologized when Michelle dashed up to her and pulled her into a hug.

“No worries,” Seth chuckled. “But what took you guys so long anyways?”

Pete combed his fingers through his hair – not that he had much since he was known for his short buzz cuts for as long as Seth’s known him. “Chase’s fault,” he muttered right away. “He was driving at 35km/h to prove a stupid point that I probably shouldn’t have brought up in the first place.”

Chase coughed as if to signal the end of the discussion and nodded towards the busy crowds. “Where’s Jace?” He asked, but it was clear, not only to himself, but to everyone else who he was really looking for.

They started their way towards the spot Michelle had picked out earlier, but even before they reached it, Chase easily picked out LaCienega from the swarms of surrounding people. She was tall for a girl, and in the bright red bikini she was wearing over her supermodel-like body, a hard figure to miss.