Chapter 8

Hades lead Emma and her family plus handcuffed Meg and Hercules through a dark, damp prison. There were cells and you could hear the distress calls of spirits from every corner.
Meanwhile, Meg and Hercules yelled at Emma for betraying them. Hades easily solved that problem by using magic to make them be quiet; but they still squirmed about trying to break free.
As soon as Emma saw the cell holding her true love she ran up to him. He looked sickly pale and almost glowed green. As Emma saw him she made a decision. She used her magic to free Hercules and Meg from their handcuffs. Hercules and Meg caught on to the plan and reached for their weapons.
Hades stood up his hand and they all froze where they were.
"Did you guys really think you could double cross me?" Hades asked.
"Frankly," Emma said. "I wasn't going to. But now I realize I have to do the right thing."
"Well, sorry Emmy but you realized too little too late. You're not getting him now. So this one time, since I don't want to deal with you for all eternity, leave. I'm giving you permission." Hades offered.
"We're not leaving without him." Emma demanded.
"Yes you are. You have no choice. You are completely powerless." Hades let the words linger. He suddenly enjoyed watching the powerful Emma be at his mercy.
Hades unfroze Emma and the others so they could leave. But Emma needed to speak to Killian first.
"It's Ok Emma. Leave." He said softly.
"But our future..."
"Last time you said that to me, I was dying. This time, I'm dead. And you still can't let go. But Emma, I'm telling you from the bottom of my heart. Let go." A tear slid down his face as he said this.
"I love you." Emma said. He was right. It was time to let go.
Emma opened her eyes and she was beside the River Styx, with the ferry ready to take her home.