17

Aleks' P.O.V.-

After the dinner, I quickly dropped Haley home and went to my house. I would like if Haley stayed over, but she had work.

At home, I quickly did some chores and went up to my room. I quickly pulled out my laptop under my bed and went into incognito mode. I did the best I could into hacking Haley.

Her brother, Brandon taught me how to hack people. He told me that it finds the worse in people. But I wasn't trying to find the worse in Haley, I wanted to know how she's like on the internet. Years later after the while Brandon incident, I taught Jordan how to hack then he taught the other members. I didn't really have any kind of social media, so I didn't need to worry about being hacked myself.

First, I looked through Haley's email. I squinted at the screen seeing an email from a strange man. I hesitantly opened it. My eyes scaned over the font.

Who was this person?

------------------------------------
Haley's P.O.V.-

I was on my email after Aleks dropped me off from the steakhouse. An email popped up on my screen. I checked who it was from.

Luke Knightston.

That name was familiar. I was thinking hard, trying to remember who this person was. A lightbulb flashed over my head.

He used to be my best friend in middle school. He ended up being my boyfriend, but he wanted sex. I broke up with him, and he was spreading out lies. Luke wasn't the best person to hang out with but he was OK.

I opened up the email, reading what he wanted to say. A part of me rolled my eyes, the other half had sympathy.

Luke- Hey. It's me Luke. It's been a while since we last talked. Wanna hang out some time?

I bit my nail. I didn't know if I should hang out with him. Like, I don't want to but it would be nice. I fiddled with the keyboard, trying to reply as formal but friendly as possible.

Me- As friends, right? I work at this cafe in downtown. Wanna meet up there?

I sent the message to him, kind of regretting it. Maybe, I should invite Aleks with me. Luke replied back, telling me the details. I quickly typed the details on my phone to send to Aleks. Aleks agreed to come, just in case something happens.

I just don't wanna risk the probabilities.

The next day, Aleks took me to work. He did seem different at first, but soon calmed down. Aleks did carry some "equipment" if Luke tried to do something to me. Right now, I was washing mugs while Aleks was on his laptop.

The door chimes jingled as someone entered the cafe. My heart raced. It was Luke. He has gotten taller and his hair was lighter than in highschool. Aleks looked back. With his head turned, Aleks was glaring. Luke sat beside Aleks.

"Haley, who's this?" Luke said, pointing to Aleks. Before Aleks said anything, I spoke.

"Luke. This is my boyfriend, Aleks."

Aleks looked at me, with a smirk. I smiled, knowing that saying that was satisfying to Aleks.

"I thought we were meeting up alone," Luke told.

"If we're friends, you wouldn't mind Aleks around," I smiled. Aleks' smirk grew bigger.

"Ok then... So how have you been?" Luke spoke.

We talked for at least half an hour. Aleks was dying due to boredom. It was hard to concentrate on what Luke's talking about because Aleks was being so cute. While Luke is blabblering, I played with Aleks' hair when he was taking a small nap.

"Well I should go now. Thanks for talking with me," Luke smiled. I walked around the counter.

"I'll walk you out."

"Wait!" Aleks yelled. I looked back at him. Aleks quickly threw his items over the counter and ran towards Luke and I. Luke groaned as Aleks proudly wrapped an arm around me.

The three of us walked out of the cafe. I could feel the tension from Luke. I was feeling uncomfortable so I switched spots with Aleks. We walked over to Luke's car and awkwardly stod there.

"Maybe I can see you later, maybe alone?" Luke desperately said. Aleks laughed.

"Nope! She can never be alone with you," Aleks said. His grip around me got tighter.

"Well, I should go," Luke got into his car and drove off. I relaxed in Aleks arms.

"What's up with you?" I asked Aleks.

"I did some 'research', it turns out that he's apart of Brandon's clan."
------------------------------
A/N- The hacking part of the story was inspired by Mr. Robot, a drama-thriller TV show about a delusional and lonely hacker.