Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

The jerk.

Moving his head to my other shoulder, he positioned himself so that his body was pressed against my back and his head was now resting over my left shoulder. He ran his hand up my arm and neck and tilted my head back until it rested on his shoulder. "That scent drives me crazy." His voice was strained and husky, but that wasn't the only thing that told me he was turned on.

His lips found their way to my mark and he began dropping small kisses on the spot which was still a little tender. But no matter how lost in him I was, the sensible Rainie was still present in the back of my head.

Stupid sensible Rainie.

With an unhidden groan, I reluctantly pulled away from his hypnotizing touch. "I really have to go."

Letting me stand and move away from him, he edged himself to the end of the bed and rested his elbows on his knees. "Can you look away, please?" I asked, feeling embarrassment fill my body like hot lava.

I hadn't expected to spend the night, so pyjamas weren't exactly available and I couldn't sleep in my clothes. Mason had lent me a shirt, but the jerk picked out the shortest, most revealing shirt he could.  After half an hour of reluctance, I realised I wasn't going to win and had no other option but to put the damn shirt on.

In a pitch black room with a sheet covering my modesty I didn't really care. Now, standing with nothing to shield my body and the bright morning sun ripping through the blinds, I was on complete show and he was taking full advantage of that.

I could feel his eyes all over my body. I could feel the heat in them and how they wandered over every inch of my bare legs, slowly and hungrily. "Stop that." I scolded, slipping my feet into my jeans and wiggling my butt until they were at my waist.

"Stop what?" He asked, innocently.

Innocent, I scoffed. "You know what, you pervert." I said playfully, my fake scowl perfectly in place.

"What, this?" He cocked his head to the side, watching my reaction to the image he had just placed in my mind.

Dear God. 

If I felt hot off his stare, that was nothing compared to how I felt now. My traitorous cheeks heated almost instantly and my heart drummed with the pace of a puma.    

"Is that what you're talking about?" Again, he faked innocence. Standing from the bed, he let the sheet slip away from him giving me full view of his body. He was wearing boxers, but even they were hanging dangerously low, showing off that incredible 'V'.

Throughout all of this, I came up with one conclusion. He wanted to kill me.

His head fell back with laughter. "Sweetheart, I don't want to kill you." He smirked. "I just want you to see what's yours."

Yeah, he definitely wanted to kill me.

Now stood inches from me, his hands found their way from my hips to the small of my back as he pulled me into his body. "Do you like what you see?" For some reason, I knew he wasn't joking anymore. His voice was too serious for that.

"I love what I see." I answered honestly. Who wouldn't?

That handsome, boyish smile danced on his lips. "Well, I'm all yours, mate." My heart rate spiked at just that one word.

* * *

Tiptoeing through the back door was the scariest thing I've ever done.

Though I realised that was a piece of cake once my eyes landed on the figure sitting at the table, sipping coffee and reading the morning newspaper. "Hi," I almost chocked on my breath. "Bella had to drop me off early because I forgot to take clothes for today and I had to make it back here before school, but I didn't want to wake you so I just--" My lie was cut off, by the holding up of a hand.