Chapter 1 - Dear 16

Do you remember when we used to laugh over the stupidest things?

Do you remember when I gave my first kiss to you, or when you sweetly gave me your jacket, because I froze?

Or the time when I told you I liked you, and you told me you liked me back.

Have you forgotten all of those? All of those memories I kept burrying in my brain, but always end to pop up.

Then there was 8th grade. I remember the datetoo exact. The 16th December. I used to like the number 6, but you ruined itcompletely for me. At 16 minutes over 6 pm, you officially broke what we hadbetween us.

....

"Why are you ignoring me all sudden?" I yelled angrily over the phone.

"I'm not," he kept arguing with a very silent voice.

"Yes you are. I know something is wrong, if you just told me."

"How would you know something is wrong, when I haven't said anything to you?"

I wondered if I should tell him that Landon, his best friend, told me something was wrong.

"Exactly. You haven't said a single word to me the past two months," I thought quickly.

"What is your damn problem?" he yelled angrily back. I could imagine him running his fingers through his chocolate brown hair as his ice-blue eyes were shooting daggers.

"My problem is you're acting like I killed your pet."

"What?"

"You're being cruel against me, and I want to know why," I cut it into pieces. I clinged a piece of my light blue silk dress with flowers tightly to my hand.

"I just don't care anymore."

I froze with my hot Samsung cell in my hand.

"Care about what?" my voice got nasal.

"You."

One little word of three letters completely ruined my life.

"You...don't care about me?"

He could clearly hear the disappointment in my voice.

"Yes."

My world broke down. Every single word he told me. Every single touch. Every single smile. Was all a lie.

He quickly added:

"I actually meant it when I said it in the time, but then I realized that it never would work between us."

His voice got squeaky.

"Why? What have I done?" I asked desperately.

"Nothing. We're just too different from each other, and each time we talk together, it always ends awkward."

My brain was too busy to figure out my reaction without slipping a single word out. What about the whole thing of opposite attract?

"I have to go now," he said and ended the call.

Duration: 16 minutes.

Call ended: 6:16 pm

16 were ruined.

...

After the call ended, I threw my phone upset on the floor. The tears whelmed up, one after one. I carefully studied my own, salty waterdrops hitting the bottom, just like my confidence. They tears seemed never ending. Just like I thought we were. Aiden and Ellie.

"Too different?" What was that? A line from a bad romantic movie?

And stupid me that thought 8th grade would be great. Perfect even.

I remember how I cried my eyes over you. The next day in school, you acted like nothing happened. You flirted with each single girl, except me. You even flirted with my best friend, Bridgit.

In the end of the day, you wished me a merry Christmas, before walking away.

A/N: Hi guys. Give this story a little vote and comment. If you like to please check out my other story too. It's called 1 year ago.