Moving

My head shot around and I saw Gabby sitting on a table with no one, facing us.

She was reading a book by the looks of it.

"Oh um...yeah that's her."

I brushed my hair out of my face and looked at her.

Suddenly Gabby looked up and took a sip of her coffee, and noticed Luke and me.

Shit.

I spun around and stared at Luke wide-eyed.

He was still watching her with a annoyed expression.

I could tell Gabby had gotten up as left because I heard the scrape of the chair and Luke's eyes followed her towards the door.

"Wow, she's..." He didn't finish.

I spent the next few minutes looking out at city, the busy highway, people hustling around.

Sometimes I feel alone, trapped.

Nothing bad has to happened to me for me to feel like I'm inclosed in a cage with bad thoughts and fear bubbling around me.

"What's the matter?"
Luke asked softly.

My eyes diverted and I looked at him and slightly shook my head.

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

A waitress came out and served the food.

"Thanks." Luke smiled at her.

Over today, I'd noticed that Luke gives out smiles like they don't cost him anything, and they don't.

But it gives him such a good vibe.

Luke and I ate and talked about all sorts.

We laughed so much that the people were giving us disgusted looks and turning away, making clicking noises with their tongues.

When our dishes were taken and we were just sitting there, I leant back in my chair and looked at Luke.

He seemed..I don't know.

He seemed a little different and he'd suddenly become quieter.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

It felt strange because he's usually asking me how I feel, but now I'm asking him.

"I need to tell you something.."

He bit his lip ring and diverted his eyes.

"Okay, shoot."

Luke was quiet for a while so I pulled my hair to the side and started braiding it, tying it up at the end.

He glanced over at me and then took a breath.

"Well, I feel like this's pretty unfair to ignore you for all these years and when were getting along, for me to pressure this onto you."

Luke dragged a hand through his hair.

"I'm moving."

To be honest, the news made me upset and sad.

"Where to?"

I tried to keep my voice steady but it cracked at the end.

Luke's eye shot up as it did and he looked at me as if he felt sorry for me.

"Sydney. I never told you, but my dad remarried and I have to move in with him and my Step-Mum."

Fuck! I'd actually liked Luke now and I thought that we could do so much in the future.