Chapter |15|

Please Read: This is just to clear out a tiny confusion. Daniel knows that Skylar disguises herself with her belts and wig but doesn't know WHY.  He has NO idea that Alicia isn't her real sister.

And he has just seen her in baggy clothes without belts and her wig.

Chapter |15|

"Will you stop that?!" I nearly yelled at Daniel who was supporting an annoyed look.

"What? It's your fault!"

"What part of my instructions did you not understand?" I demanded, as I thinly dodged a mud ball.

"It's because of you that I got hit with that icky goo TWICE!" He spoke as we tried to walk ahead.

The race was proving to be much more difficult than I had anticipated.

The 100 meter track was just a beginning. We had to cross a forest after that.

All the ten pairs were allotted different trails which we had to follow. The one that crossed the forest first would win and the others would be allotted points according to their performance and the time taken to cross the finish line after the winning pair.

But the organisers weren't so kind. They had obstacles planned.

As if the tied legs weren't enough, we were being attacked by wet mud balls and some gooey stuff. Not only that, there were slimy puddles in our way too.

By now I'd been hit by three mud balls but no gooey stuff (Thank god!)

While Daniel had been a victim of two gooey balls and five mud balls.

"Okay stop," I ordered.

Obviously, he didn't listen.

I gritted my teeth in annoyance and planted my feet fiercely on the ground, making it hard for Daniel to move.

Since we were practically glued together, he had no choice but to give in.

"What the hell do you want?" He barked angrily.

"Will just stop and listen to me for like one minute? I don't want to be here stuck with you as much as you so shut up and listen!" I shouted angrily.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Speak."

Taking a calming breath, I craned my neck so that I could look at him while I spoke.

"Listen we should follow the numbers one tw- DUCK!" I yelled as I spotted a mud ball coming our way.

We both bent down immediately, preventing ourselves from getting hit. But fate wasn't on our side since Daniel tripped, trying to get up making us both effectively face-plant into the puddle.

"Ow!" I yelled as I tried to get up.

My face was splattered with mud and I could feel something slimy on my forehead.

Ew.

"Are you cra-," I started to yell at Daniel but trailed off once I saw his face.

One look and I burst out laughing. Wet mud covered his entire face and dripped down his neck and clothes.

He looked at me and snorted. "You're no better."

I continued to laugh maniacally and after a moment, I heard Daniel let out a few chuckles.

His chuckle was really a nice sound to my ears but I was way to busy on laughing that I barely noticed him joining in.

We sat their on our knees, looking as if we'd bathed in mud, laughing.