Falling For You; an Edward Cullen One Shot

Start from the beginning

I tried to ease up the tension between me and Bella by bringing the attention to something else. I looked over at Mike and noticed a book he had in his hands. He must have gotten bored on it because he through it in front of him. It slid in front of Emmett. Rosalie snickered at it. I smiled. I pointed in front of me. “Vampire!” I shouted loud enough for only us to hear. “What?” the Cullens asked. They looked as stiff as statues. “The book? Dracula? I thought it was a stupid stereo type.” I said like whatever. Everyone was giving me weird looks. Bella had on a “what are you hiding look?” Angela had a confused look, Jessica had a “what the fuck” look on her face and Mike looked like “oookkkkk….” Although all the Cullens looked surprised, or shocked, or relieved, for some reason. Except Edward and Alice. Alice had a “how funny” look, but she didn’t look annoyed as she did it. While Edward had a smirk playing on his lips.

-”So you like vampires, Alyson? You’re not afraid?” I shook my head. His siblings glared at him, as Bella glared at me.

-”No…why? I wouldn’t mind being different. Normal is vastly over-rated.” I told him like it was obvious. Bella scoffed. I shrugged.

*end*

From there on things got awkward between me and Bella. She’d always be glaring or something along those lines. I’d just shrug it off though. Then a month later…the strangest thing happened. I had gone for a run on a Sunday morning, like normal. I may have gotten lost. Not that I’d admit that though.

*Flashback*

-”Ok, ok…..your not lost…just…delayed, Alyson.” I told myself looking around.

-”Nope….your defiantly lost.” I jumped turning around. I tripped over a tree root and falling. I felt my arm sting slightly and I noticed a bit of blood ooze out of a cut. I looked up to meet Edward. His eyes where closed and it looked like he was concentrating or something.

-”Damn it! Oww! Oh…h.h..hel..lo E..Ed..dwa.ward” Why am I stuttering? I mentally scolded myself. My arm stung again and I looked down at it. When I looked up I noticed Edward was right in my face. I, unfortunately, blushed. He lifted my arm to look at it. Again, he closed his eyes for a bit when he opened them, I could have sworn they were black. ‘Must be my imagination’ I thought, a bit wary.

-”I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you. Here, let me take you to my house. I’ll see if my father can look at that.” he said motioning to the cut. It was pretty big and had a bit of dirt caked on it. I tried to brush it off, but I winced. Edward took a hold of my arm in a firm grip. “If you do that you’ll only dirty it more.” his voice sounded strange, almost strained. I looked at him confused.

-”Um…are you ok? You’re looking out of breath. Maybe you ran too much?” I asked. I was about to place my good arm over his heart, to check his heart beat of course. He held it back before I could though.

-”I’m fine.” he mumbled. “Come on.” He said. He tried to pick me up, but I winced. My ankle was throbbing as well. He bent down to look at it, lowering my sock. I herd him sigh. “You know you’re just as accident prone as Bella.” I herd him say. I blushed in embarrassment.

-”No I’m not! I am in no way clumsy. In fact I was very gracefully walking around before you startled me!” I shouted as the red on my face just deepened.

-”Whatever you say.” he said with a chuckle. “You ‘gracefully’, got yourself lost.” he said using air quotes on gracefully. I frowned and sighed. “Your pretty far away, its dangerous this far out.” he said sternly as he helped me walk to his home. “What where you even doing out here anyways, and this early, by yourself?” he said sternly. ‘Gosh and this is why I refuse to like him’ I thought as I rolled my eyes.