Chapter 14

Lucas goes home to change, and I hurry to do the same. I change into a short summer dress and flats, apply some mascara and a touch of nude lipstick, then I'm ready to go.

I'm happy things are back to normal, or whatever it was, before Greg showing up. So, when I look at myself in the mirror, I see my cheeks are a little flushed and my eyes are shining.

It's crazy how someone can change your mood so fast.

I'm more than ready to be with him, and I can't wait to get home so we can be together. I've always believed sex is more than some physical connection, and Lucas has proved from time to time things with us are meant to be.

We are more than just attracted to each other. We are more than neighbors. We are more than friends. We are more. So much more.

The moment I'm ready, I head to the living room to look for my purse and see Lucas is back. He is sitting on the sofa, checking something on his phone, but he is frowning so hard I go straight to him.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I sit by his side.

"Just checking some work stuff." He locks his phone and gives me a once over. "I love your dress." He presses his hand to my thighs and kisses my neck.

"Lucas," I whisper.

"We're good, right?" He bites my earlobe.

"Hmmm..." I smile, turning my head so he can have better access.

"You're so beautiful." He holds my face, kissing me deeply.

"We need to go," I whisper into his mouth before pulling away.

"Do we now?" He presses his lips to mine softly.

"God, it's not fair!" I smack his abs.

"What?" He smiles.

"You are way too hot." I laugh and try to stand up, but he pulls me to his lap.

"I'm hot? Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" He kisses my neck again and my phone chooses this moment to ring.

"I think it's Sophie," I say, standing up. "Hey, girl," I answer.

"Hi, Just checking to see if you're still coming," she says.

"I'm on my way and I'm bringing my boyfriend with me." I bite my lip to contain my silly smile.

"Oh, that's great! Can't wait to meet him," she says and I can hear her smile.

"Okay, see you soon." I hang up and turn to Lucas, who's smiling so hard I can't help the giggling sound that leaves my mouth.

"What?" I ask.

"Let's get going, girlfriend, before I lock you inside that bedroom and just let you out after I have my way with you." He pulls my hand and leads me to the door.

"Promises... Promises..."

*****

Sophie lives a little far from the city center, but her house is pretty cozy and as cute as her. As soon as we get there, she leads us to the backyard and introduces us to her friends. Some of them are teachers at St. Clement too, and they all greet me warmly.

John is standing by the grill, but his eyes are fixed on Lucas. "Hey, John." I smile.

"Hey, Alexia. Glad you could make it." He smiles back and I feel his eyes softening.

"Thanks. You remember Lucas, right?" I say.

"Yeah. How are you doing, man?" He offers his hand to Lucas politely.

"Pretty good. You?" Lucas shakes his hand.

"Fine, thanks. Would you guys like anything to drink? Beer? wine?" John asks.

"I'm good, thanks. Alexia?" Lucas answers, hugging me to his side.

"Oh, thanks, but I'm-"

"No, we're drinking and having fun today," Sophie interrupts us with a glass of wine for me and a beer for Lucas.

"Thanks, Sophie. But I'm driving us home, so just water for me, please." He winks at her, making her blush.

"Oh, sure. I'll get some for you right now." She rushes to the house.

"Hey, I can drive us home." I look at him.

"Nah, I'm good. I already had a beer at your place and I don't really drink, you know... if I'm driving," he says and I finally get what he means. He is still affected by Monica's accident. And even if he wasn't drunk that day, he was the one driving. So, he doesn't want to take any risks.

"I understand." I kiss his cheek and lead us to one of the plastic tables in the yard.

"Here, Lucas." Sophie appears by our side and hands him a bottle of water, pulling a chair to sit.

"So tell me, how did you guys meet?" She looks from Lucas to me.

"He actually hit my car on my first day here in the city." I smile at him, and he burst out laughing.

*****

After too much wine and laughter, I feel like it's time to go. I loved hanging out with Sophie and her friends, and having Lucas here with me just made it more special.

There are just a couple of people now, and we are all laughing as one of her friends tells us a story about herself. She is a very charismatic and great storyteller. So in the beginning, I thought she was exaggerating a little, but Sophie said that it was all real.

I'm sitting so close to Lucas I'm almost on his lap. My head is resting on his chest and his fingers are slowly making circles on my arm. Suddenly, he is all I can think about. So, when I turn to him and he smiles at me, I know it's time to go.

I don't want Sophie to think I'm ungrateful. But as it starts raining, I use it as an excuse to go home. I've never wanted someone as I want Lucas right now, and I can't wait to explore this new side of our relationship.

"I think it's time to go," I whisper, looking at him.

"Thank God." He brushes his nose to mine.

Once we are in the car, it's all too much. Maybe it's the wine, or maybe it's just him. Or maybe I'm drunker than I thought because all I can feel is this need to be as close to him as possible.

My hand seems to have a mind of its own, and it is slowly rubbing his leg. He knows what I'm up to because he soon takes it and presses it to his heart. I feel drunk and powerful and it's like I can't wait anymore.

"Come on." I turn my body to him and press both of my hands to his legs.

"Behave." He chuckles, looking at me, and it's the last thing I remember before my world goes black.

CRASH

"Alexia!" I hear someone say, but my eyes are too heavy.

"Jesus! It's okay! I called an ambulance! They're on the way! Please, please, stay with me!"

_____

A/N: I know!!! What are the odds, right? 😭

Thanks so much for reading! Please don't forget to vote & follow me here: CelesteABrook for news and updates.

XOXO

- Celeste