|16| lies

enjoy >;3c

--

Aleks pulled into the driveway, huffing out a short breath as he turned off his car, grabbing the cardboard box from the passenger seat. He opened the car door, holding the box in one arm as he checked his phone with the other.

4:17 pm

He still hasn't responded to James' messages, excited to see his reaction to his unscheduled arrival. Aleks doesn't care how James or his house looks. If it's messy or clean. As long as he's there with him that's all that matters.
Aleks knocked his knuckles against the door, sliding his phone in his back pocket. The door unlocked, a brunette woman appearing as it opened.
"Hey, Aleks." She greeted with a smile.
"Hi, Sarah. How are you doing?" The Russian asked in a friendly nature.
"I'm fine, and yourself?"
"I'm doing quite all right." The boy grinned, holding out the package. "Jordan's dumb self wanted me to deliver this package."
"Aw, you didn't have to come all this way to give me a package.."
"It's fine, I was in the area anyways." Aleks somewhat told the truth.
"Well, would you like to come in for a cup of coffee or something?"
"Nah, sorry, not today. I got places to be." The boy laughed, smiling shyly. "I'll see you around."
"Okay, have a good day!"
"You too." Aleks spoke as he walked down the stone driveway, entering his car with a sigh. He took out his phone, looking on the map for any nearby flower shops.
James' house was five minutes away, and the flower shop was fifteen. Aleks groaned, putting the keys into the ignition and backing out of the driveway.
"The things I'd do for you, Wilson." He muttered.
As he drove closer and closer to the flower shop, his heart rate increased.
Okay, Aleks. Calm down. This isn't your first time meeting him.
He pulled into the parking lot of the small yellow shop.
Why do you make me feel this way?
He opened the door, a small bell ringing as he did so.
"Hello! Welcome. Is there anything I can help you with today, sir?" An older man greeted.
"Uh, hi, I'm looking for flowers for my... significant other, and I'm not really sure what to get."
"How about some roses? We have all kinds."
"Roses are too basic." Aleks stated bluntly, pressing his lips together. "Sorry." He chuckled awkwardly, placing his hands in his hoodie pockets.
"Well, how about these?" The man asked, walking over to point at a bouquet of pink and red flowers.
"Maybe less.. feminine colors..?" Aleks mumbled, not wanting to be rude.
The man nodded, pointing to another set with light green, white, and light blue flowers.
"I have no idea what any of those are, but I'll take them." Aleks chuckled, taking out his wallet and wanting to bring them to his boyfriend as soon as possible.

ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡☆ミ☆彡

Aleks' car was pulled up in front of the house, not in the driveway with the other two cars, one he recognized as James'. He stared at the flowers in the passenger seat, then at James' house.
"Okay." Aleks breathed out, grabbing the bouquet. "Okay."
He exited the car, locking the doors before putting the keys in his hoodie pocket. He stared down at his feet as he walked along the small path, reaching the white door. He brought his fist up, knocking three times before bringing it back down.
On the other side of the door he heard barking and quick tapping. Ein. He smiled, anticipating meeting the short, fluffy, adorable Corgi. The voices on the other end were muffled by the dog. Quick hushing was heard before the door opened, a familiar face greeting him.
"Hey." Aleks smiled, presenting the flowers from behind him as James did when they first met. "Hope you like flowers." He repeated his boyfriend's words.
James smiled, grabbing the flowers before pressing his lips together. "U-um.. why are you here?"
Aleks slightly furrowed his brows, flicking his eyes to the Corgi before looking back up. "Um, I was in the area s-so I...? I'm sorry, I should have texted you... shouldn't I.."
James frowned, a small look of guilt plastered on his face. He didn't seem to know what to say.
"I'll just.. go. I'm sorry. I wanted to surprise you. I'm sorry."
James wanted to ask why he kept apologizing, but couldn't bring himself to do it. "It's okay."
Aleks awkwardly stared at him, expecting more of a response.
"Yeah, sorry, it's just.. me and my.. Sister are dealing with something right now."
"O-oh, I'm sorry interrupted.. I should have texted or called like you said. I shouldn't have just showed up. I'm sorry."
James felt his heart slightly crack at the way the boy was acting. "It's okay, you don't have to keep apologizing.."
"Who is that?" A female voice asked in the back.
"I have to go, sorry." James abruptly shut the door.
"Was that a friend? He can come in if you'd like." Aleks heard the female speak through the door.
"He's nobody. Don't worry about it."
Aleks felt his stomach drop at James' response.
Nobody?
He stared at the door for a moment, feeling his pulse beat heavily through his chest and his arms.
He's nobody.
Aleks turned around, following the short path to his car.
Don't worry about it.
He took the keys from his pocket, unlocking the car.
me and my..
He slid into the driver's seat, shutting the door.
Sister
He stared ahead of him, feeling his cheeks warm up as his eyes watered.
Sister?
He felt the first tear slide down his now pale cheek.
Why are you here?
He stared down at his lap, another tear falling.
"I thought you would be happy." Aleks mumbled, his voice slightly breaking. "I'm sorry. Please don't be mad.."

'I like to speak the truth'

He leaned his forehead against the steering wheel, taking his phone out of his pocket. He clenched his fists, feeling anger trying to overtake the sadness. He opened to James' contact, contemplating on sending a text.
"Fuck it." He mumbled, his finger hovering over the send button before pressing it.

why are you lying to me?