13

*INCOMING SADNESS*

~2014~

Adrian was now a 10th grader.

After coming out as bisexual, his parents ceased to pay attention to him, although they didn't seem to care for him in the first place. He always felt alone, and empty, like something or someone was missing in his life.

He loved to take pictures of things, ominous things. He used this photography to reflect how he felt on the inside and his emotional/mental state.

During the middle of the year, he dated a girl named Anasty. Adrian didn't have many friends, and Anasty was the only one he could really relate to. Anasty's best friend never approved of Adrian, but he couldn't care less about what she thought.

Anasty and Adrian were practically inseparable. They did almost everything together.
Adrian loved Anasty, and Anasty loved Adrian.

Adrian specifically remembered that horrid day at the hospital, where he heard news that he never wanted to hear.

Anasty was diagnosed with brain cancer.

Anasty was treated with chemotherapy, but it didn't seem to have any positive effects. She started to get weak, and lose her hair and hope, but Adrian was there for her.

"Don't worry", Adrian said softly "The chemicals will bring you home again".
That always brought a smile to her face.

Her health worsened over many months. She could barely speak anymore, she was entirely bald, and she became more and more pallid.

On her final day, Adrian visited her at the hospital. She looked miserable, but as soon as Adrian walked through the door, her eyes lit up.

He sat next to her hospital bed.
He kissed the scars on her skin.
"I still think you're beautiful", he said as he tensed up. His eyes began to turn red, and puffy.
He had a lump in his throat, like dry-swallowing a pill.

"A-and", he choked out. He grasped Anasty's hand and gently rubbed it with his thumb.

"And I don't ever wanna lose my best friend"
Tears poured down his face.

"Adrian", Anasty spoke, her voice dry and raspy. She wanted to cry, but couldn't from her lack of water. "I-I'm scared. The hardest part of this is leaving you"

Adrian kept his grip on her hand.
He leaned in to kiss her.

When Adrian kissed John, he felt the same emotional attraction because John reminded him of Anasty so much that the seemed like the same person.

When Adrian pulled away from Anasty, he felt a cold chill. Anasty gazed into Adrian's crystal blue eyes and exhaled.

She flatlined.

"No. No! Please don't leave me alone!", Adrian screamed out "God, you vulture! Bring her back or take me with her!"

He collapsed onto the floor, sobbing loudly, like he did after he kissed John.