I finally saw Compton High across the road so I picked up my pace and walked through the large gates to see hundreds of teenagers around the school yard. Footballs were being thrown across the path and girls in cliques stood on the perfectly cut grass, handing out flyers of some sort. Couples made out on the benches and emo's smoked by the parking lot. It all looked so cliche, something my last school really wasn't.

I walked up to the large building, taking a few more steps and stood at the front path. Hundreds of teenagers surrounded the court yard and I stood there- feeling my anxiety come back. That rock that falls into my stomach that weighs me down and makes me suffer. My hands became sweaty and I felt extremely hot. Breathing in, I began walking up the steps and down the path to front entrance. I avoided all the eyes that glanced at me as I was walking down the pathway and everyone moved aside to let me pass. I felt so different- I knew I didn't fit it. I just wanted Melody or Daniel with me right now, but I knew that was impossible. I avoided all the stares, and reached for the door handle but it didn't open.

"The doors don't open until 7:45. It's only 7:15. My name's Roxanne. What's yours?" a girl indicates proudly from behind me, causing me to turn around.

She had pretty long blonde hair and freckles. She reminded me of Melody, the way her cheek bones pointed sharply. She had braces and was really tall and skinny, seemingly different from all the other girls I'd seen so far standing in the court yard.

"I'm Peyton, I'm new here." I smiled anxiously.

"Nice to meet you! So glad you chose to come to this school. I could help you around and stuff," Roxanne giggled, her mood contagious.

"Thanks," I smiled.

Was it this easy to make new friends?

I took in Roxanne's appearance as we awkwardly stood by the front doors. She had long pale legs that stood out from her pale skin color, a unique skin color in fact. She had many freckles on her nose and she tapped her foot on the cement continuously which annoyed me to no end. If this were Melody, she would know never to tap her foot or pencil or simply clap multiple times in front of me because little tapping sounds or rhythms like that, irritated me. As I continued looking at her appearance, I saw her eyes go wide; looking behind me.

"What?" I whispered shyly, noticing her change in attitude.

She slightly pointed behind me and I quickly turned around to see a bunch of blonde girls approaching me, with their heels clicking against the path. I felt my eyes roll dramatically but I held back from making a stupid comment- something I would've done if I was still at my old school.

I recognized these girls, they were the ones that I had seen at Booster Juice the day before, and they're also the ones that stared me down like a was a precious statue in a museum.

"Who are you?" the one at the front asked with her high-pitched voice, her fake smile making me cringe to myself.

I couldn't help but notice how the make up on her face was flaky, and put on terribly. I wasn't one to judge though, so I moved my eyes to look at hers respectfully. I wasn't exactly intimidated, but I didn't want to give myself a bad reputation nor give myself a bad first impression. I was a nice person, and I wanted everyone to acknowledge that.

"I'm Peyton," I nodded my head.

"Cool name. I'm Sasha, but that's not the point. Why're you talking to little Roxy here?" she says slyly, glancing over at Roxanne.

"Her name's Roxanne," I respond quietly and Sasha grins, her pearly whites almost blinding me.

"Don't catch an STD. That whore sleeps around with everyone," Sasha laughed, along with the girls behind her. I almost let out a sharp gasp, turning to look at Roxanne. How could someone be so uptight and blunt like that? I felt a rush of adrenaline run through me as I frowned in dismay.