Chapter 45 - Strung up in Jealousy

Start from the beginning

Queen Isadora shook her head. “No, I’m sorry but I haven’t heard from him in years… I’m sure he’ll show up one day, when everyone least expects it.”

“Right.” Giselle sighed.

“Your father never meant to walk out on you.” Queen Isadora said. “He loved you very much.”

“I know.” Giselle replied. “I just wish I could meet him.”

“Be patient.” The queen responded. “Great things happen to those who wait.”

Giselle nodded. “Maybe you’re right.”

“Oh no, I am.” The queen laughed. “Bill, show Giselle around the castle, a tour would be highly appropriate.”

“Yes, your highness.” Bill said.

Giselle bowed her goodbye to the Queen and Bill did the same before they walked out of the room and left the Queen alone. There was an awkward silence as Giselle followed Bill out into the hallway. She wasn’t sure what to say or if he was interested in small talk.

Finally she cleared her throat following him down the hall. “So, where do we start?”

“Well, first I’ll start with the kitchen, dining room, pool, lounge, hall of bedrooms, grand library, garage –”

Giselle laughed nervously. “Actually, just the basics would be fine, I’m sure I can figure out the rest on my own.”

Bill nodded. “As you wish.”

Bill led her into the large spacious kitchen. It was the largest kitchen she had ever seen with three chefs working separate stoves. There were at least three refrigerators and a million sets of counter tops. The entire kitchen was a light orange color with crème colored tiles. It was a beautiful sight as was the dining room.

After that he managed to show her the movie room which reminded Giselle oddly of the theatre on campus, it had a similar theme. She smiled at the sight of it, hoping that maybe later she’d be able to come and relax on the recliners.

Next was the grand library. Giselle never had saw so many books in her whole life. It was as if the amount of shelves went on for days. The castle even had their own librarian. The walls were a rich brown color while the floors had red carpeting. There were several round tables that mimicked the academies and aisles of every book one could imagine.

It amazed Giselle that these rooms were all in the same hallway. They were so large and enchanting, it was like they came right out of a story book. If Giselle could live here it would be amazing but she guessed staying here for some time was more than enough.

“This truly is beautiful.”

“Yes it is.” Bill said as he motioned her down the long hallway. “It’s one of the most amazing places in all of Zeptoria.”

“I’m sure there are even better places.” Giselle laughed.

“Yes, there is but this is precisely at the top of the list.” Bill smiled. He paused in front of a large spiral staircase at the end of the hallway. “Up there is the hall of bedrooms, if you don’t mind I will show you to your room so you may get settled.”

Giselle nodded. “Sure.” And then began following him up the steps. The tour happened to be rather quick, Giselle liked it that way. She hoped later on she’d be able to sneak out her room and check out the rest for herself. It was boring having someone telling you what rooms were where and what was done in them. Giselle like to keep things spontaneous.

The hallway was long and a light beige color while the floors were the color of copper and made of honey oak wood. Giselle could tell honey oak wood from a mile away. It was the same wood her mom, or the mom she thought was hers, used on their floors back at home. Giselle swallowed hard canceling out the thoughts of her, she was sure that Karen was fine.