(Book Two) Chapter 2 - Don't let him see you cry

Hey guys. I hope everyones holidays were great. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!! Here is the update that you all have been waiting for! ENJOY!!

Follow me on instagram: yopocahontas

___________________________________________________ 

Chapter 2 – Don’t let him see you cry

            Giselle, completely startled and noticing that her father appeared out of thin air, nearly fell off the desk in shock. She hopped off of the school table slowly, her heart pounding a mile per minute wondering what exactly was going on. The man she wanted to know for ages was finally in front of her. Still, the words she wanted to say just wouldn’t come out.

            “Nice try Mr. Glace.” Nicholas Riley said, his rich masculine voice filling the air as he tossed the small sword asside. “But next time, you’ll have to move a little bit quicker. I have far too much experience to be knocked out by a beginners sword.”

            Isaac was on his feet in moments clearing his throat. Speechless, he stared at his opponent. It isn’t everyday that you meet a legend, someone that you heard about for years, someone that defeated dark forces that you only read about in books. Not to mention, someone that knew your parents more than you probably knew them yourself.

            Nicholas Riley stood before him, his very calm demeaner transforming into a slightly tough edge. Angrily, he grabbed Isaac by his shirt and lifted him up by his colar, causing him to meet his height. Isaac’s feet dangled from the ground as he gasped for air. “You scoundrel. Did you think I’d let you off that easy? Just what did you possibly think you were doing with my daughter!?” His voice rose, its richness filling the air.

Giselle gasped, flopping off the desk hoping to soon meet their side. However, she froze, her entire body going frigid. Her nerves were getting the best of her. She couldn’t move, she wasn’t ready. But she couldn’t let this happen to Isaac, she couldn’t watch her father hurt him.

Well, he was her father. Wasn’t this his job?

“Sir…” Isaac muttered in between breaths. “I am truly sorry, I didn’t –”

A large grunt escaped him. Nicholas Riley didn’t bother to listen to his apology. He simply tossed Isaac across the room so that he landed on his back. Afterwards he felt slightly guilty. Poor child, he didn’t know any better. But he didn’t regret it. He knew deep down that Isaacs mother would want him to be hard on him. And, he was feeling in a very over protective mood. However, he knew his strength. His throw would bruise but wouldn’t break anything. That is what he desired.

Giselle, who was watching from a distance made her way over to his side. She watched unable to move just yet, taking in every single aspect of the father she had never met before. His red hair was shaggy at the top of head and his green eyes were piercing yet kind. However, he wore all black, as if it was some kind of uniform for battle. Giselle swallowed back her nerves, this moment going slow motion in her mind. The whole room tensed once they were face to face, both of them not saying one word but taking in this very moment. The anger that was simmering in her for Isaac quickly desolved. It was replaced by a new feeling, question maybe. But Isaac was hurt. She glanced at him only to see him rise and wince in slight pain. She made a face towards her father but she didn’t say a word. She couldn’t.