Part 14 Chapter 2

Part 14: Chapter 2

                After Andrea left I called Derek and asked him if he’d come keep me company during the weekend. It’s now Monday and we’re still here. I’m sitting in the living room with him at this very moment and he just won’t shut up; it’s driving me nuts!

                “What did you guys do?” He asked anxiously. “Everything…” I told him honestly. “And she just flipped out on you?” I groaned, running my hands through my hair. “Enough; I’m going for a walk. If you value your life, you’ll stay here.” I threatened; grabbing my jacket and slamming the door behind me.

                I walked around in circles for a couple of minutes then headed straight for the water. Was I really going to do this; over some girl? “She’s not just some girl.” I heard myself say out loud. Great, now I’m talking to myself.

                The water was cold. But I barely felt it. I needed some kind of release or I was going to explode. I dove under a wave that was rolling in, and then stood; tears now invading my face. I love her so much…

                I walked deeper into the water; shivering a little. How could she do this to me? She didn’t care about me; so I guess she wouldn’t care if I just ended it right now…” All of my life I’ve been thinking about doing this; Andrea was the only thing keeping me sane.

                I yet again, walked deeper into the water; now completely covering me from the waist down. I rolled up my sleeves and ran a finger over my scars; along with a few fresh wounds. I had promised my Grams that I would stop, and I had been doing well… until last night.

                Another wave came over me and I inhaled deeply. “Come on Jaye…” I told myself. “Just do it!” I held my breath and let the next wave take me with it. The waves seemed to come closer together now, and they tossed me around with them. I was just getting ready to let all of the air out of my lungs and just surrender to the waves when a huge wave pushed me under and unto a bunch of rocks; then everything went black.