Chapter 5: The Evil plan

Start from the beginning

   I screamed in horror as my mom lost the life in her eyes and slumped the floor. The phone fell from my hand and I forgot completely about calling dad. All I could do was stare at my mom's now lifeless body on the floor.

   "Megan? Hello? What's going on?" My dad's voice said from the phone on the floor, "What's happening?"

   My attention snapped back to the man when I heard the familiar click of a gun reloading. Horror was replaced with anger and determination. I pounced on the man and clawed at his face before he had the chance to take point at me. Taken by surprise, the man staggered back and his grip loosened slightly on the gun for a moment. Spotting the opportunity, my hands reached for his gun and yanked it out violently.

   I jumped off of him as quickly as I was on him. Landing perfectly on my feet, my attention focused on the man completely and the gun in my hand aimed straight at his head.

   "One move and I shoot," I huffed hoarsely. 

   The man only gave me a sly smile. "Aw, was that your mommy? She had to go sooner or later, anyways, kid." 

   He casually took a step toward me. "Don't move!" I said, gesturing the gun in my hand threateningly.

   "You won't shoot me. You can't," He took another step confidently. Without hesitation, I shot his upper part of his leg. He clutched his leg in pain and let out strange grunting sounds.

   "Put your hands in the air!" 

   He glared at me murderously before putting his hands up in the air. The murderer kept staring me in the eye, as though trying to figure me out, and slowly edging toward the window. He didn't say anything, only kept his eyes on me and edging closer to the window.

   "Stop!" I shouted, but he didn't seem to care. Stopping at the window, the guy jumped. Clutching the gun, I ran to the window and saw the killer tumbling down the roof before falling on the lawn. He was motionless for a while before he stirred. I watched him as he got up and limped away around the house. At that moment, I heard the blaring of sirens and ,from the distance, sped several police cars toward the house. 

   The cars screeched to a stop in front of the porch. Several men came out of the cars, including my dad. I waved wildly to them from my window. 

   "He went around the house!"  I shouted to them. A group of men rushed around the house and the rest of them barged into the house, led by my dad.

   "Dad," I cried as I ran to him and hugged him, after he came into the room with a bunch of armed men. 

   "M-mom, sh-she's not b-breathing," I sobbed into his chest. He held me tightly as the men took my mom's lifeless body away.

                                                                                 *****

   "No!" My head snapped up violently. My breathing was ragged as my chest heaved up and down, trying to catch my breath. My forehead was beaded with sweat as I gasped to breath properly. 

   The murderer was someone I've seen too many times on posters in the facility for being the most-wanted. 

   Raul.

   It was just a dream, I realized. A painful flashback-like, horrible, sharp, realistic dream. But all the same a dream.

   I tried to move a bit before realizing that my wrists were tied above my head, making my arms stick up. My legs weren't touching the floor but instead, tied at the end to a rope that was attached to the concrete by a small metal ring half-buried into the ground.