Chapter 12 - Jealous

Magsimula sa umpisa

We sat down at the table and started eating. The conversation rolled effortlessly and I found myself laughing almost every 5 seconds. After about 20 minutes into lunch a familiar looking guy who had the typical jock stereotype came to our table.

"Hey boys." He said doing the bro hug with Alec, AJ and Christian before sitting down beside me and giving me a once-over which made me feel slightly uncomfortable. "Are you going to introduce me to your friend?" The guy said clearly talking to the boys but his eyes never left me.

"She's not your type dude, she actually has self-respect." Christian said glaring at the guy who staring at me like a piece of meat and I realized that Christian really was starting to become like a second brother to me. The guy gave a forced laugh, clearly not liking Christian's words and I had to hold back a smirk as I watched him try to regain his cool facade.

"Well my name's Travis, just so you know what to scream tonight." He said winking at me and I immediately burst into uncontrollable laughter along with the other guys. When I finally calmed down I turned and gave a smirking Travis an amused smile.

"That was smooth." I said giving him an approving nod.

"What can I say? I'm a ladies man." He said with a cocky smirk before wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Clearly." I said sarcasm dripping from my tone as I went to push his arm away but before I had the chance, he was being ripped away from me and pushed up against the cafeteria wall by none other than Slate.

"Don't f*cking touch her." Slate said his voice calm and deadly as he used the back of his forearm to pin Travis to the wall by his neck.

"Sorry man, didn't know you had dibs." Travis said his voice coming out scratchy because of the pressure Slate was putting on his throat but his smirk never slipped.

The cafeteria fell silent for a few seconds as everyone's conversation halted so they could watch the encounter between Travis and Slate. The next thing I knew someone started chanting "fight, fight, fight" repeatedly and soon almost the entire cafeteria was chanting that same word over and over again except for Christian, Alec, AJ and I.

As I watched Slate clench his jaw tighter—if that was even possible—and take in deep breaths trying to calm himself down, I wondered if maybe I should've been feeling worried for Slate or scared for Travis but all I felt was red-hot attraction because damn did Slate look smoking hot when he was jealous.

Seconds passed as I waited for Slate's control to slip, if there was one thing I had learned about Slate over the last week and a half it was that not only did he have slight anger issues but he does not like backing down from a fight. He pulled away the arm that was against Travis' neck and the cafeteria became quiet once again as everyone waited for Slate to use that same arm to swing his fist at Travis' no longer smirking face. But the punch never came...

Slate dropped his arms to his side, his fists still clenched tightly in balls as he took a step away from Travis who was trying to catch his breath.

"You're not worth it." Slate spat out at Travis from between his gritted teeth, visibly using every last bit of his restraint to walk away from the fight. Just as Slate went to turn his back on him, Travis swung his arm punching Slate square in the jaw. Slate put a hand to his jaw in shock, but it looked like the punch hadn't physically hurt him in the slightest.

"On second thought.." Slate said letting his hand drop away from his jaw as I watched every last bit of his control disappear. He turned and swung his fist at Travis' face twice as hard and the loud cracking sound that could only come from a nose breaking echoed around the cafeteria.