Epilogue 2 ~ If They Had Lived

(A/N- AU where James and Lily live and there is no Voldemort)
"Harry, it's time to go to King's Cross!" James called.
"Go away, I want to sleep." Harry muttered under his breath, hiding under his covers.
"It's time to go to Hogwarts." James said, rolling his eyes.
Harry smiled, got out of bed, and got dressed.
~~~
A while later, James and Lily watched as Harry began to walk towards the Hogwarts Express. He turned around for a moment.
"And you're sure you won't be disappointed if I get in Slytherin?" Harry asked. James smiled.
"We'll be proud of you no matter what." Lily reassured him. Harry gave her a weak smile before hugging them both one last time.
Lily sighed and watched him until he disappeared.
"He'll be fine. Besides, I heard Moony's the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year." James said, smirking slightly. Lily grinned.
"Let's just hope Remus doesn't encourage him to be a trouble maker."
"I see nothing wrong with that."
Lily rolled her eyes and slapped James lightly on the arm.
"What do you expect? He's my son and Sirius's godson."
Lily smiled and looked at the train. She saw Harry waving at them. There was a red headed boy and a bushy haired girl behind him. Her smile grew as she and James waved. She waved until the train disappeared from view.
James took her hand and intertwined their fingers. Together, they walked through the barrier and disappeared into the Muggle world.
(A/N- So this one is quite short. There will be one more epilogue up and then the final author's note. I can't believe it's the end! I'm so sad 😭. I'm going to miss you all! Please check out my new Jily fanfic Truce! Thanks! ~ Evangeline)