Chapter 32- James

I was panting, but I kept running at the same speed. Breathing became more difficult with each step. The cold air stung my skin. I stopped for a moment.
"Avada Kedavra!" a Death Eater shouted. I ducked.
"Stupefy!"
"Crucio!" another shouted.
"Protego!"
I could see from a distance that Marlene's house was nearly destroyed. I kept running. There was a pain in my stomach growing more painful by the second. Just a bit further. I nearly collapsed on the ground when I got to her house. Marlene and Lily were taking on several Death Eaters.
"Periculum!" I shouted. Red sparks flew into the sky. I hoped the other Order Members would see the sparks and get here soon.
I ran to help them. I threw random curses and hexes at the Death Eaters. I looked over and saw Marlene crying and fighting at the same time. When I looked at her house, I immediately knew why. Jacob McKinnon and an older couple who I assumed to be Marlene's parents were lying on the ground, dead. We kept fighting for what seemed like hours. We were all tired. Even though the other Order members had arrived, we couldn't fight for much longer. A Death Eater raised his wand and pointed it at Lily. I saw everything as if it were in slow motion.
"Avada Kedavra!"
I tried to run over to her quickly, but my legs were like jelly. Marlene turned to look at her and jumped in front of her just in time. Just in time to save Lily. Just in time for the spell to hit her instead.
Do not play with fate, Marlene McKinnon, or your death will come very soon.
Professor Trelawney's words repeated themselves in my head as I ran over to Marlene. I fell on my knees. The Death Eaters Disapparated when they saw people coming over. Tears spilled down my face.
"James, if I died right now, what would you do?"
It hurt to remember her. It hurt even more when I imagined what Sirius would think when he got here.
(A/N- 😭😭 Yeah it hurt to write this chapter. Don't worry though, I'll try my best to make the next one happy! Also, could you guys check out my book of Harry Potter one-shots? I haven't written any yet, but I really, really, really, really, need ideas. Could you guys help? Thanks :). Bye bye for now~ Evangeline😋)