Chapter 15- Lily

"James," I begged. "I've told you, Jacob isn't my boyfriend. Please let me explain."
"Why should I?" James growled.
"You'd understand. Please."
"How do I know you won't lie to me?"
"Go ahead and make me drink Veritaserum. I will tell the truth." I said confidently. He nodded in defeat.
"Jacob is like my older brother. We've been friends since we were little kids. He has a crush on the Ravenclaw prefect, but he's too scared to admit his feelings. Since we used to play together a lot, his friends think he fancies me instead. They dared him to act like my boyfriend for a period of time, which was why he was acting like that." I said.
"Bloody...oh I'm so sorry Lily." James said. I shrugged.
"It's fine. It's a simple misconception." I said. He smiled.
"Moony was right. You can see the beauty in others, even when they can't see it themselves." he said. I blushed a little and smiled.
__________________________________________________
I sighed as Alice, Marlene, Frank, James, Peter, Remus, Sirius, and I sat down in our compartment. This year we had gone through so many changes. James stopped being such an arrogant toe rag, and we became friends. Alice and Frank had finally admitted their feelings and were now dating. Marlene and Sirius had started dating, too. I looked out the window and saw Hogwarts fading from view.
"So, next time we come here, we'll be 7th years?" Remus asked. We all nodded. I sighed again and leaned my head on the window of the train. I was really sad because I would have to leave my friends and spend another summer with Petunia calling me a freak. Apart from that, I would have Snape trying to apologize, since his house isn't far from mine. If I angered him, he would probably call me a mudblood again. I didn't want people calling me a freak and a mudblood all at once.
"Thinking about your summer?" someone asked. I nodded, not paying attention to who it was.
"You don't seem to happy." the same voice said.
"I'm not. My sister will be calling me a freak, and Snape lives close to my house." I muttered.
"Remus and Sirius are going to my house for vacation, why don't you ask your parents if you can stay? My parents won't mind." they asked. I realized that it was James that had been talking to me. I lifted my head off the window.
"Really?" I asked.
"Of course, if you don't want to---" he began.
"It'd be great." I said. They all smiled.
I got up and left the compartment to get something to eat from the trolley. Alice and Marlene followed me. They both put their arms around me.
"So, glad that you're going to spend all summer with James?" Alice asked.
"Honestly yes, because being with him is better than being bugged by Snape and being called a freak." I said.
"Sure." they said in unison. I rolled my eyes.
The Hogwarts Express arrived at King's Cross a while later. I hugged Marlene and Alice goodbye and I promised to write often. Peter said goodbye and left to go meet up with his family. I felt like my stomach was in knots. What would my parents think when they saw James? As we went to go talk to them, I clutched James's arm tightly.
"You're really that nervous?" he asked.
"You're not?" I said in a slightly high-pitched voice.
"Fair enough."
I saw my parents smiling at me and Petunia scowling as usual.
"Hi Mum, hi Dad. Hey Tuney." I said, hugging my parents. Petunia pretended that I didn't exist. My dad tensed up when he saw the boys.
"Err...so Dad, Mum, err...this is James, this is Sirius, and this is Remus." I said. They all shook hands.
"Sir, will you give your daughter permission to stay at my place over the summer? I care a lot about her, and I'll go through any means to protect her, so I promise you that she'll be safe. We'll take her to buy her school supplies and bring her to King's Cross, too." James said. Dad's eye twitched.
"So you're the famous James Potter, correct?" Dad asked. James nodded.
"The same James Potter that annoyed my little girl for the past 6 years?"
"Dad, he's changed." I said. My dad's eyes drifted towards my hand holding his arm. I let go quickly.
"It's not what you think." I said quickly. Mum put her hand on Dad's shoulder.
"That would be lovely, James. Take good care of her, will you?" Mum said.
"But---"
"But nothing. She'll be fine."
Dad nodded stiffly in defeat.
"Thank you!" I squealed, hugging them tightly.
As Dad and Petunia turned around to leave, Mum hugged me again and leaned in to whisper something in my ear.
"He seems like a nice young man for you, Lily."
"Mum." I complained. I couldn't help but blush. She smiled and patted my cheek before walking towards Dad and Petunia.
"Everything okay?" Remus asked, a knowing smirk on his face. I nodded.
"Oh, you know. The usual." I said. He laughed and shook his head.
Remus, Sirius, James and I walked side by side, ready to meet James's parents.

(A/N- Thanks for all of the reads, votes, and comments! Please keep on voting, reading, and commenting! I would really appreciate it. Comment any suggestions that you have for the story. I'll dedicate the chapter to you if I use your idea. Thanks for everything! See you all next time. :D)