Chapter 36- Third Point of View

There were many words to describe what Sirius felt when he'd heard the news. Rage, at the filthy rat that'd betrayed them. Depression, with the knowledge that he'd never see his best friend again. Regret, because he hadn't trusted Remus. Pity, because Harry would grow up without his parents. Guilt, because he thought it was his fault. He, after all, was the one who told James and Lily to make Peter Secret Keeper instead. This was what lead him to climb onto his motorbike and fly to Godric's Hollow. Along the way, he felt the color drain from his face and his body begin to shake. What would he see when he got there?
Sirius nearly broke down when he arrived. He saw Harry in Hagrid's arms.
"H-Hagrid," Sirius began. He couldn't stop shaking.
"They're dead, Hagrid."
Hagrid felt pity and comforted him. But Sirius knew that no one could ever comfort him enough to convince him to stop blaming himself. No one, not even Remus, whom Sirius realized with a sinking sensation was his only friend. Alice and Frank had been tortured until they lost their minds. Marlene was killed. Lily and James were dead. Peter was no longer his friend, either. There was a tight knot in his throat that seemed to become tighter with each thought. Sirius hastily wiped a tear from his face.
"Give Harry to me, Hagrid, I'm his godfather, I'll look after him." Sirius said after a long silence.
"Sorry Sirius, I have me orders from Dumbledore, an' I have to follow them."
"Please Hagrid, I'm the only family he has left except for Lily's wretched sister." Sirius begged.
"I'm sorry. He's got ter go with them. Dumbledore's orders."
"He's the only thing I have left of my best friend!"
Hagrid wouldn't give in, so Sirius nodded sadly.
"Alright, can I at least say goodbye?"
Hagrid nodded and handed him the small toddler.
"Pafoo." Harry said. His voice wasn't cheerful as it had been once, though. It was as if he knew what was going on.
"I'm going to miss you, Harry. I'm sorry I have to leave you, but Pafoo has to go. They think I killed your Mummy and Daddy. You don't think so, do you?"
Sirius wasn't sure if he was imagining it or not, but he could have sworn he saw Harry shake his head.
"You look so much like Prongs. But you have Lilykins' eyes."
Harry almost smiled at this.
"I'll see you again, one day. I solemnly swear it."
Sirius hugged the child before handing him back to Hagrid. Harry yelled in protest and began to cry. Even though it hurt, Sirius turned around and walked away, tears stinging his eyes. He turned back around for an instant.
"Hagrid, take my motorbike. Use it to get Harry there. I won't need it anymore."
Sirius walked away, leaving them both behind. He walked through the Muggle streets until morning. It wasn't like he could sleep, anyway. Once the sun was up, Muggles began to appear in the streets. Sirius heard a voice behind him.
"Sirius!"
Sirius bitterly recognized the voice as Peter Pettigrew's. Unfortunately, by the time he'd realized, he turned around and found himself cornered. Sirius was disgusted as he saw Peter crying.
"Lily and James, Sirius! How could you?"
Peter drew his wand, but he was too slow. Sirius sent a nonverbal Stunning spell at Peter. Peter dodged it and discreetly made a deep crater in the street, making it seem as though Sirius has done it instead. Unfortunately, he also killed 13 Muggles nearby. Then, Peter tore his own finger off and transformed into a rat. He ran into the cracked sewers. Sirius saw bodies everywhere, and heard Muggles screaming. There were bloodstained robes and fragments in front of him. These were the only remainders of Peter Pettigrew, or so it seemed. Sirius looked around and saw that the Muggles had fallen for Peter's trick. He began to laugh.
Sirius saw people from the Ministry of Magic arrive immediately, one of them being the junior minister, Cornelius Fudge.
"Sirius Black, you are being sent to Askaban for the murder of 13 Muggles and Peter Pettigrew!"
This made Sirius laugh even more.
Interviews of Muggles later gave enough evidence and Sirius was sent to Askaban for the next 12 years.
(A/N- Depressing, much? Well, this is the last chapter guys! Now, there's only the epilogues and a final author's note left. I really hope you guys enjoyed this story because, after all, I write to make you guys happy! But more on that later. See you guys in the epilogues! Oh, and I wanted your guys' opinion on something. I'm considering writing another Jily fanfic. What do you guys think. Yes, or no? And if yes, would you guys read it? Bye for now! ~ Evangeline)