Chapter 6

I looked away from the stands when the referee came with the ball. He blew the whistle and tossed the ball in the air to which I instantly jumped and passed it to a team member. "Exectute the Sidewinder!" I shouted to my team. #18, Gray ran to have the ball passed to him so he could preform his most famous play. He successfully retrieved the ball and ran towards the goal. He was on the left side of the field when he suddenly kicked it to the left. Phantom Lord's team laughed, unaware that the ball curved drastically in mid air and into the goal. "Yeah, laugh it up suckers." Gray smiled as he passed some of the players. Girls in the stands screamed nonsense at Gray excitedly and everyone else cheered.

Phantom's goalie tossed the ball back into the game. The team ran towards our goal. I intercepted the ball during a pass and ran for the goal. I laughed as I kicked the ball straight ahead into the goal. The ball moved so quick it wouldn't have been possible to make it to the ball before it entered the goal.

Phantom's goalie tossed the ball in for the third time to which I intercepted again at the goal. "Team, prep for the Hecate!" I passed the ball to Gray who got it in the air to pass back to me. As the ball was in mid air, I jumped up and round house kicked it as hard as I could. The team blocked all Phantom members from getting the ball, a practically straight line to the goal. The ball flew through the air like a bullet and went into the goal.

The score is 3-0 we're definitely winning! The goalie of Phantom Lord suddenly shouted a play to the team. "Ping-Pong!" He shouted as he threw the ball. Two of the members ran to retrieve the ball. Once they got it, the quickly began to pass it to one another. The ball moving between them was moving at a rapid pace. They inched closer to the goal.

"Team! On me!" I shouted as my team suddenly surrounded me. "Our secret weapon, Fake out, let's do it! I'm gonna shout the name of another play and we'll carry out Fake out." I said. The team nodded. "Disperse!" I shouted as everyone on my team got into their positions. "Grenade!" I shouted. Half of the team stayed to the left and the other on the right. Grey and I ran head on towards the two with the ball. Obviously they went right through us, obviously being part of the plan. The two passed the ball to their star player. On of the players on my team started our play. He ran for the player receiving the ball, to which that player turned along with the ball. What the opposing player didn't realise is another one of my players ran towards him from the side he wasn't looking at. As soon as he turned with the ball, it was stolen and passed to me. I instantly kicked the ball in the opposing teams goal.

The opposing team suddenly stepped up their game. One quarter left in the game and we were winning 17-0.

"18 switch!" I shouted at Gray. We swapped the players we were guarding. I was left guarding the star player of Phantom. Gray was left guarding the second best. "Defense, team!" I shouted.

They responded silently by raising their hands and sticking to their person. I smiled, coming up with a great idea. "Team! Prep for Grenade!" I said. My team smiled and backed off of their person. We drew the entire opposing team all together. I stole the ball and kicked it into the goal. The referee blew the whistle.

"Mercy rule! Fairy Tail Academy wins by default!" The referee said.

The crowd cheered as I raised my fist victoriously in the air. Our most impressive victory yet! 18-0! The crowd cheered and the fangirls basically drowned out the cheers of the crowd with their screams.

We walked off of the field into the locker rooms. The team stood around me. "I'm proud of you guys. Definitely couldn't have done this without you. The district championship is our win and you all have every right to celebrate!" I said happily. The team cheered happily. "Now get the hell out of here!" I commanded humorously. After everyone left, only me and Gray remained.

"That was a pretty great game, wouldn't you say?" I asked

"Damn right? For their "undefeated" reputation. They weren't much of a challenge." Gray said happily.

"Yeah. They were pretty easy. But come to think of it, anyone has yet to score a point off of us." I laughed.

Gray laughed with me. "Well, I gotta get going." He said about to walk out the door.

"Before you go..." He turned around. "You might need this." I smiled as I held up his shirt.

"Oh... Yeah, you're right." He laughed and waved me off.

"I hope that piece of shit can get you home." I laughed in reference to his car. He kept walking as the door closed. I laughed lightly to myself before changing into my usual clothes I brought with me. Once I was changed, I walked out of the locker rooms. The stadium was empty and the only car in the parking lot was mine... But someone was standing in front of me.

I was almost speechless to who I saw. "L-Lucy?!"

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed that chapter. I think I'm getting my creative swing back, so expect more frequent updates. I basically post everyday in "Light in my Darkness". If you want to hear from me everyday, I'll post there. But anyways, thanks for reading, leave some comments if you have questions about how I came up with the plays and the names of the plays, or if you simply have something to say and I'll see you all in the next chapter! Byeeee!!!!!!!!!!!