Chapter 3

"Just wanted to thank you for saving me again. Thats all, now, let's both pretend this never happened." -Lucy

"Does she mean leave her alone? Guess I should've seen that coming." I said to myself.

"it was nothing. And I agree, nothing ever happened." -Me

"No... I'm just running myself into a corner. Let's talk after school tomorrow, behind the storage warehouse." -Lucy

"Well, that certainly changed quickly." I said, amusing myself.

"Alright. Just make sure you don't forget. I don't like being stood up." -Me

"I'm not like that, I'll be there, just make sure you're there." -Lucy

I read the message and set my phone on the charger. I couldn't sleep so I headed to the garage to work on my car.

*****************************************

I woke up, my face resting on the fender of my car. I looked at the clock. 4:33 am. I got up and got into my car. I started the car and the engine roared. I put it in reverse and started to drive. I was getting looks left and right at every stop light. People shouting nice car from the sidewalks. This is the kind of attention I liked receiving. It always took off whatever was on my mind. This time was different. I couldn't stop thinking about Lucy and what she wanted. Why does she want to talk to me and why behind the warehouse of all places?! It didn't make sense to me.

I pulled into the garage and went into the bathroom. I turned on the water to the shower. I went to my room and picked up my phone while I let the shower warm up.

1 New message -Lucy

"Lucy?!" I questioned as I opened the message.

"You're a damn fool. Quit the night drives and go to sleep!" -Lucy

I reread the message and laughed. "I can't believe she knew it was me." I exclaimed.

"you're telling me to sleep, but you wouldn't have known I was driving if YOU were asleep. Get the picture?" -Me

I snickered to myself. To my surprise, I got an instant response.

"Next time you want to wake me up with that loud car" -Lucy

Just as I was thinking that the sentence wasn't finished, I get another text.

"... Pick me up next time...." -Lucy

My eyes went wide and my heart started beating faster. "Pick her up? What's with her?! Just yesterday she hated me and now she wants to spend time together?" I questioned myself

"Just yesterday, you couldn't stand me, now you're wanting to spend time with me?" -Me

I waited for a few minutes, but no response from Lucy. "She's acting weird!" I yelled in my head as I went into the shower.

I got out of the shower after some time and I checked my phone. There was still no response but I had a feeling she was still awake. "Ugh! She's bothering me!" I said out loud. It was 4:56.

"I'm taking you to school. I'll be there at 5:30. I know you're still awake, so get ready!" -Me.

"Why am I upset?! She's not important to me!" I yelled at myself! I threw on some clothes and went to my garage. 5:16. I got into my car and started the engine. I floored it out of my garage and raced to Lucy's house.

I got to Lucy's house. I checked the time on my phone. 5:21. I put my phone back in my pocket and pulled into Lucy's driveway. To my surprise, she was waiting just outside her door. She took a few steps forward and paused. I motioned her to get in the car to which she proceeded to do. I wanted to say hi but she was avoiding all eye contact with me. Just before I was about to drive, Lucy put her hand on the emergency brake to stop me. "What's the deal?!" I asked aggressively.

"I said we needed to talk, we're going to talk right now!" she said.

There was a short pause, I assumed she wanted me to respond. "Well?... Speak!" I said angrily.

"N-Never mind..." She said softly as she looked away. I noticed her face was red before she looked away. I heard a "tap" where Lucy was sitting. Then another. I saw a tear fall down off of Lucy's face.

"Shit! I made her cry!" I panicked in my head. Without thinking, I gently placed any hand on her shoulder and slowly spun her around. I took my thumb and whipped the tears from under her eyes. "Don't cry, you'll ruin my leather seats." I joked.

Lucy giggled and her face went red. "Sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me." She said softly.

"Well. I'm... Sorry, you know... If I yelled at you." I replied. "What did you need to tell me?" I asked.

"It's nothing... Really." she said.

"alright." I complained childishly. "Now let's get your ass to school."

"Now?! It's 5:30 in the morning!" she said.

"We're taking the long way." I replied with a mysterious smile.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! If you liked this chapter, be sure to like it and comment! I love seeing what you all have to say about my story! There's just one thing I have to say. I'm almost to 100 followers!!!! Once I get 100 followers I'm gonna be holding a One Shot contest. The contest winner will get a follow from me and a chance to write a collab with me if you have an idea already. I'm hoping a lot of people will want to be in this contest. But, 100 followers isn't so much, compared to the other people who hold contests. They usually have around 1k followers when they hold their first contest. Oh well, I'm gonna try anyways! Once I hit 100, keep a look out for the message stating the terms and the rules. Alright, I'll see you all in the next chapter!!!