The truth (Final chapter)

Tomorrow had arrived and Michael was prepared,with a back pack filled with his favorite snacks and a couple of bottles water and some fizzy drinks; Michael rubbed his eyes lazily before checking the time on his phone. 10:45. Emma said she would be able to pick him up at around 11. He told his parents that it was one of his friends family trip and they were taking Michael with them. He hated lying to them, but he didn't feel guilty; for he had grown to become alike with the group.

Michael didn't easily sleep that night, and it wasn't because of fear, he was just really excited. But when he woke up at 9 am with a fright from a nightmare, he was doubting his decision a lot. So he texted Emma, acting all casual at first, thinking he would bring the-im-not-coming part up later, but her text messages were so cute and she seemed really happy and he didn't want to ruin it.. Plus, if you're looking at the bright side: it's an adventure!

So 11 am passed, Emma came with Sam's pickup truck again and they drove to the shore with another 20 people. They didn't ride a boat to the island since it wont fit them all, they rode a mini yacht, and apparently Jeremy knows how to drive it so he was assigned as the driver.

While on the boat, they drank beer, danced to loud music, and played lots of party games like truth or dare. When they were only a few minutes away from reaching the island, Michael went over to the end of the boat; he drank a fizzy drink as he watched the water move from the fans that moved the boat.

"You know what ruined today for me?" Emma said suddenly, appearing next to him. He looked at her.

"Spencer joining us. Apparently, he's dating Sams younger sister who happened to be part of the group." Emma sighed and rolled her eyes, "What a prick."

"Remember when I used to call the group 'the gang'?" Michael laughed.

"Yeah, you were terrified of all of us." She laughed.

"You can't blame me." He raised his eyebrows. She laughed.

"Remember when you got your first tattoo with your brand new fake ID?" She said. Michael nodded.

"I guess Eleanor won't be mad that you stole our phrase." She shrugged.

"I guess not."

"I can't believe you knew Eleanor in elementary school!" Emma said, turning around to rest her back on the complete edge of the boat so she could look at Michael as he looked at the ocean.

"I can't believe my mum let us move all the way from Sydney just to attend stupid Green Bull High. It's a crappy school honestly." Michael rolled his eyes.

"Well yeah, but we met there." She said, looking at him. He looked away, embarrassed.

"Y-yeah... I- I guess." He managed to say.

As Emma was getting her weight off the fence, the fence broke and fell into the ocean as pieces; Emma out of fright and shock jumped to steps to the back.

"Woah!" Her eyes widened. They decided to head back inside.

****

Once they reached the island, everyone cheered and celebrated by having another drink. The mini yacht stopped, and everyone got off the boat. They found the shore pretty empty without any campers; which was a good thing for them.

"You're all free to roam around; but this isn't a small island, once you see a huge building which is located deep inside after the woods, know that you must not go further in the island, that is your border. Once you feel like it's getting dark, immediately head back. We want to reach back as the sun completely sets. All the food and drinks are here, either inside the boat or in the campsite that i'm going to build. I hope the smoke that the wind will carry high in the air will help you make your way back here before sunset. You will see lots of kangaroos around, obviously. You also might see tourists, y'know walking around, taking pictures or what not. Anyway... let's have fun and go CRAZY!!" Jeremy said to crowd that gathered around him, once he finished everyone cheered.